Independent Contractor Agreements (ICA)
This page contains information to assist you through the Independent Contractor Agreement (ICA) process. The District defines Independent Contractors as non-District persons or entities that perform any service for the District for a fee but can include non-fee based services as well.
Forms:*NEWLY REVISED as of 2/18/21*The Independent Contract Agreement (ICA) process has been amended. This new change will apply to any services meeting the requirement of an ICA, whether fee-based or non-fee based.
Effective immediately, the form AP-F006-Independent Contactor Agreement has been replaced with two packets: AP-F006A Independent Contract Agreement Justification and AP-F006B Independent Contract Agreement. The District website has been updated with the outdated form being replaced with the two new packets. To allow appropriate processing time for ICAs that are midway through the process, from now through the end of February 2021, both the old (one-form) AP-F006 or the new (two-packets) AP-F006A and AP-F006B will be accepted. Effective 3/1/21, only the new two-part packets will be accepted.These pages will need to be completed by WCSD staff. This information has not changed but is now separate from the actual contract paperwork. PLEASE NOTE PAGE 1 OF THIS DOCUMENT FOR THE UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS.These pages are the actual contract. WCSD staff will need to complete all required fields, then forward this document to the vendor for completion and signature. This information has not changed but is now separate from the internal WCSD paperwork.
Both packets AP-F006A and AP-F006B must be attached to your Purchase Requisition (PR) along with other accompanying documents, same as the prior process.Use this form for revising a current contract that is in place.Example of Certificate of Insurance required for all Independent Contractors: SAMPLE INSURANCEPer the terms of the ICA:
- PLEASE NOTE, ATTACHMENT A, APPLIES ONLY IF THE PURPOSE OF THE CONTRACT IS TO PROVIDE FOR VIRTUAL DELIVERY OF EDUCATIONAL SERVICES TO STUDENTS.
K. CONTRACTOR shall obtain and maintain throughout the term of this independent contract Liability Insurance and Automobile Insurance. The coverage shall include general liability insurance with limits of $1,000,000 per coverage and automobile liability insurance with limits of $300,000 Combined Single Limit* or Split Limits* of at least $250,000 bodily injury per person subject to $500,000 bodily injury per accident with $100,000 for property damage (commonly structured as a 250/500/100 policy). *A Combined Single Limit policy has one liability limit for all injuries or damage sustained in an accident. *A Split Limit policy has a lower limit that applies to each person injured and a larger limit that applies to each accident.
Contractor shall name DISTRICT as an additional insured on its general liability and auto insurance policies and provide proof of insurance at the time of execution of this agreement.
- Auto insurance may be waived for K. above in the following circumstances.
- Work provided per this ICA is completely virtual. No one from applicant’s organization conducts business on WCSD property or transports WCSD students or employees.
- Applicant’s organization only gains access to WCSD property via ride share or taxi services with an insured driver. No one from applicant’s organization transports WCSD students or employees.
- Applicant’s organization only gains access to WCSD property via commercial car rentals. Auto coverage via commercial car rentals meets the liability coverage shown above. No one from applicant’s organization transports WCSD students or employees.
- Work per this ICA does not require vehicle access to WCSD property. No one from applicant’s organization accesses WCSD property via vehicle or transports WCSD students or employees.
Changes to waiver circumstances shown above require execution of new and revised ICA.
Additional Forms:If your vendor has their own contract or terms and conditions, please refer to the below forms (in addition to both ICA packets).This is a PDF fillable form and should be treated as such. Please work within the document itself, do not print it out, then hand write or hand sign this document. The form should always be digital and the signatures electronic. If you need assistance working with this form, contact Kelly Case, Business Process Trainer at 775-789-3438, email@example.com, or the Purchasing Department at 775-850-8025.
Reference Guides:ICA Decision Assistance - Coming soonICA Purchase Request Specifics - Video
Contacts:Accounts Payable DepartmentElvira Capacia, Accounts Payable Supervisor, 775-348-0274Purchasing DepartmentAndrea Sullivan, Director of Procurement and Contracts, 775-850-8056Risk Management DepartmentRisk Manager, 775-348-3854