SUPERVISED CURRICULUM PHYSICAL EDUCATION ELIGIBILITY
Are you currently enrolled as a full-time Washoe County School District high school student? Do you participate in a pre-professional/competitive sport? If so, you may be eligible to earn PE credit through Supervised Curriculum Physical Education (SCPE)
NEW - STARTING SUMMER SEMESTER NO class project is required
All documents may be:
- Emailed to email@example.com;
- Faxed to (775) 689-2573;
- Mailed to 5450 Riggins Ct, Ste 5, Reno, NV 89502; or
- Brought to our office 8 am to 4:00 pm. We do have a drop box for after hours.
SCPE -- How it works
Students may earn a 1/2 (.5) credit by providing evidence of 60 hours of participation in an approved pre-professional / competitive sport. Supervised Curriculum Physical Education (SCPE) is offered on a semester basis and payment in the amount of $75 is required per 1/2 (.5) credit.
- Students participating in a team sport at a WCSD high school are not eligible for participation in SCPE.
Students are not eligible for SCPE if their parent or relative is their coach.
Students may earn only .5 credit through SCPE per semester; with a maximum of two (2) credits (physical education credit) earned in total through SCPE in their high school career.
Students must complete 60 hours of supervised curriculum instruction within the semester to earn .5 credit.
Students may count up to a maximum of 4 hours per day of supervised practice and/or competition. If the student is submitting hours for competition, a copy of the competition program/agenda must be attached to the report with the activities that the student participated in circled.
S/U grades are awarded for SCPE and do not affect the student’s GPA.
Student must be training and competing in one of the Individual Sports or Club Sports listed below. Students wishing to apply for an individual or club sport not listed below must make his/her request in writing to Extended Studies at least one month in advance of the semester application date.
- Dance (professional training)
- Drum Corps
- Ice Skating
- Martial Arts
- Rock Climbing
- Rodeo Training
- Tour/Mountain Bike
- Ice Hockey
Required Forms & LinksFall enrollment opens July 8, 2019To register for SCPE:
1. Download, complete and submit in person, by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, the registration/enrollment packet below to the Extended Studies Department along with your payment (cash, check or credit card).
2. You may submit your payment through our web store during the open enrollment window. You must still complete the enrollment packet and submit it to the Extended Studies Department either in person or by mail.
****Course hours do not count until the semester begins ****Questions?Call Extended Studies at 775-353-6990
If you participate in group classes at a fitness facility, click here for the appropriate program.
Deadlines and Timelines for Programs Listed Below
Fall Semester Due Dates 08/12/19 - 12/19/19
Final day to withdraw from class w/o U:
All hours due:
Grades will be posted on student's transcripts: