Student Attendance Advisory Committee
Purpose StatementThe Student Attendance Advisory Committee was created in accordance with state law (Nevada Revised Statutes 392.126 - 392.160) and board policy (Board Policy 5400 - Student Attendance) for the purpose of reviewing school attendance. The mission of the Student Attendance Advisory Committee is to:
- Review data related to the attendance and truancy of students in the District;
- Identify factors that contribute to the truancy of students in the District;
- Recommend the establishment of programs to reduce the truancy of students in the District, including the coordination of services available in the community to assist with the intervention, diversion and discipline of students who are truant;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programs designed to reduce truancy;
- Establish a procedure for schools and the District for the reporting of the status of students as habitual truants; and
- Inform the parents/guardians of students of the District’s policies and procedures, particularly those related to student attendance and behavior
Meeting Dates, Materials & Archive
Please click here for the archive list of meetings, to include agendas, meeting materials, and videos.
Meetings begin at 9:00 a.m. on the 2nd Friday of the month on a quarterly basis. Meetings of the Student Attendance Advisory Committee are held in the Board Room of the Central Administration Building.
Members of the public may submit public comment via email to DBroker@washoeschools.net
The meetings for the 2022-23 School Year are scheduled for:
- Friday, September 9, 2022
- Friday, December 9, 2022
- Friday, March 10, 2023
- Friday, June 9, 2023
Meeting dates, times, and locations are subject to change; please see the posted agenda for specific information on the meeting calendar page.
CATEGORY MEMBER TERM ENDS Law Enforcement Jason Trevino, Vice-Chair June 30, 2024 Child Welfare Keri Pruitt June 30, 2025 Juvenile Justice Riley Killingsworth June 30, 2024 Community Services Lacey Keele June 30, 2025 District Counselor or Teacher Roger Bahten June 30, 2024 At-Large Representative Charles Aglubat June 30, 2025 At-Large Representative Shelly Buchanan June 30, 2024
Rechelle Murrillo, MSW, LSW