Student Attendance Advisory Committee
Purpose StatementThe Student Attendance Advisory Committee was created in accordance with state law (Nevada Revised Statutes 392.126 - 392.160) for the purpose of reviewing school attendance. The mission of the Student Attendance Advisory Committee is to:
- Review data related to the attendance and truancy of students in the District;
- Identify factors that contribute to the truancy of students in the District;
- Recommend the establishment of programs to reduce the truancy of students in the District, including the coordination of services available in the community to assist with the intervention, diversion and discipline of students who are truant;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programs designed to reduce truancy;
- Establish a procedure for schools and the District for the reporting of the status of students as habitual truants; and
- Inform the parents/guardians of students of the District’s policies and procedures, particularly those related to student attendance and behavior
Meeting Dates, Materials & Archive
Please click here for the archive list of meetings, to include agendas, meeting materials, and videos.
The meetings of the Student Attendance Advisory Committee are generally scheduled for 9 a.m. Currently all committee meetings are being conducted virtually. Please see the posted agenda for information on viewing the meeting:
Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Check the meeting calendar for meeting posting information.
For additional documents related to student services, click here to visit their homepage.
Committee CompositionFor Committee Openings visit: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/5410
MEMBER CATEGORY TERM ENDS Jason Trevino, Vice-Chair Law Enforcement June 30, 2022 Keri Pruitt Child Welfare June 30, 2021 Elizabeth Florez, Chair Juvenile Justice June 30, 2022 Lacey Keele Community Services or Parent/Guardian June 30, 2021 Roger Bahten District Counselor or Teacher June 30, 2022 Charles Aglubat At-Large Representative June 30, 2021 Lance Mezger At-Large Representative June 30, 2022
Rechelle Murrillo, MSW, LSW