How Do I Apply?
The Board of Trustees supports the use of committees to advise the Board and provide a perspective which may differ from that of staff regarding educational programs, safety, operations, financial reporting, maintenance, and supporting services. The work of committees helps to ensure programs and other services are relevant to address current standards; meet the needs of students and parents/guardians; and have appropriate resources to support high quality student outcomes.To apply, please submit your application and letter of interest. In some cases, a resume may be required. Refer to the specific committee page for additional information, to include current needs and application deadlines. Failure to submit a complete application packet by the submission deadline may result in the application being denied without consideration.Applications and Letters of Interest must be submitted to the following:
By Email at email@example.comBy Mail: Washoe County School District Board Services Department, PO Box 30425,Reno, NV 89520By Fax: 775-348-0304In Person: Washoe County School District Board Services Department, 425 East 9th Street,Reno, NV 89512
Committees Currently Seeking Applicants
The Washoe County School District is seeking applicants for a number of community advisory committees that serve the District’s 64,000 students and their families. There are a variety of committees that meet throughout the year to help set policies and guide the District forward.
Audit Committee—Meets periodically, four times annually
- Sets the yearly goals and objectives for the Chief Internal Auditor and evaluate the Chief Internal Auditor’s progress toward those goals and objectives prior to the end of the fiscal year.
- Assists in the oversight of the internal audit function, including reviewing the annual internal audit plan to ensure that high risk areas and key control activities are periodically evaluated and tested, and reviewing the results of internal audit activities.
- For information about this committee, visit http://washoeschools.net/Page/5311
The Audit Committee two-year terms will run January 1, 2018 through December 30, 2019.
Council on Family Resource Centers—Meets periodically – four times annually
- Creates the action plan to be implemented by each of the District’s Family Resource Centers.
- Review and provide recommendations to the Superintendent related to the function of the Family Resource Centers, which may include education on caring for infants, health care services for children, and programs to assist students and their families.
- For information about this committee, visit http://washoeschools.net/Page/5784
The Council on Family Resource Centers is looking to fill a vacated seat through June 30, 2018.