Welcome to the Budget Division
Major FunctionsBudgeting centers around the development of the annual operating budget to align the District's resources with the Strategic Plan. This requires close collaboration between the Board of Trustees, the Superintendent, the Executive Leadership Team, and all of the District's stakeholders. Major responsibilities of the Budgeting Division include:
- Forecasting future financial resources and needs based on growth and revenue projections;
- Creating an annual budget cycle;
- Assisting schools and departments in the development and monitoring of their budgets;
- Continuous analysis of budget variance;
- Preparation of budget transfers;
- Periodic budget augmentations;
- Production of annual budget documents and an annual budget report;
- Preparation of various required quarterly and annual reports; and
- Working with the Nevada Department of Education and the State Legislature on matters related to school district funding.
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.