Welcome to Facilities Management
The Washoe County School District Facilities Management Department is committed to the timely repair, maintenance and cleanliness of all Washoe County School District (WCSD) facilities while sustaining regulatory mandates that assist WCSD in providing a safe, healthy and comfortable learning environment that supports student achievement.
In addition, our Capital Projects Department and ES&A Department work to provide the services essential for the planning, design, construction, restoration, and revitalization of all current and future WCSD sites.
Our department aligns with the WCSD Strategic Plans goal for Safety and Belonging, ensuring that "Every student will be welcomed, included and valued within a safe and supportive environment."
MAJOR DEPARMENTS AND FUNCTIONS:
Capital Projects Department: 775-789-3838
Maintenance Department: 775-851-5690
- Provides capital planning (short and long range), design, construction management and accountability of new construction, revitalization and replacement projects for all planned, new and existing school facilities
- Capital Renewal - considering the age of many of our schools, we spend much of our time and resources fixing what is already in schools and classrooms, bringing them up to standards.
- Revitalization - complete refurbishment of learning environments. This includes making our older buildings as safe and secure as possible.
- Technology and Infrastructure Upgrades - transitioning our classrooms into up-to-date locales of learning, offering students and teachers the best technology possible given current funding.
- New School Construction - when necessary, capital Projects plans for and creates new learning environments
- Planning & Design: 775-789-3838 (extensions 2 and 3) Provide Planning/Design of all capital projects; provide permitting of projects for construction; develop annual forecast of student population and enrolment forecasting for new facility identification and rezoning needs; Review/Comment on planned developments submitted to local agencies; ADA Analysis; Building Code Analysis
- Construction: 775-789-3838 (extension 4) Provide project management of all capital Improvements; Provide inspection of capital Improvements
- Remodel: 775-789-3838 (extension 5) Handle all small scale remodels and classroom modifications such as doors, locks, shelving, whiteboard install/removal, etc
- Carpentry, Electrical, Equipment Repair, HVAC, Mobile Grounds, Locksmith, Painting and Plumbing collectively handle the routine maintenance, service and repair of buildings and grounds systems for all WCSD properties.
Housekeeping Department: 775-851-5696
- Housekeeping provides the daily, weekly and annual cleaning and sanitizing of all WCSD schools and support locations, providing a safe, healthy and comfortable learning and working environment for all students and staff. District properties include 93 schools and 12 support facilities; statistically, this equates to over 7.3 million square feet of building space, 1300 acres of grounds, and 300 acres of asphalt and concrete surfaces.
Environmental Safety and Assessment Department: 775-325-8491
- The Environmental Safety & Assessment Division (ES&A) provides oversight and management of all operationally based regulatory programs within all District owned/operated facilities, handling duties such as: environmental compliance procedures and guidelines, hazardous waste disposal, underground fuel storage compliance, indoor air quality investigations, regular building/site inspections, assessment and recording of building and ground system conditions for the purpose of maintaining a ten-year database of all current and future refurbishment and replacement needs. The deferred maintenance data collected by ES&A is essential in the formation and implementation of future capital projects planning, design, bidding and construction programs. Coordination of the management and oversight of regulated building construction materials and systems, including asbestos and lead, to prevent student and employee exposures during construction activities.
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.