Do I have to have CPR for my job?
Some WCSD employees are required to maintain CPR and AED certification. These positions include the following:
- Special Education teachers (including those in Hearing and Visually Impaired programs)
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Physical Education teachers, athletic trainers, and coaches
- Teachers who teach CPR as part of the school curriculum
- Transportation, Truancy, Re-Engagement, and Campus Supervisor staff
- Infant/Toddler program teachers and aides
- School Police officers
- Clinical Aides, Personal Care Providers
- Student Health Services nurses
- Medical Emergency Response and Triage (Code Blue) team members (as listed by school/department administration)
Special Education aides and assistants are no longer required to maintain CPR and AED certification per Administrative Regulation 4508.