- Classes that run for a continuous 8 hours (e.g. 8-4) are required to provide a meal period of at least 30 minutes.
- Lunches and breaks do not count as qualifying time for in-service credit.
How Is the Amount of In-Service Credit Determined for Each Course?
- Only non-contract hours spent in professional learning may count for in-service credit.
- Each half credit represents 7.5 hours. (15 hours = 1.0 credit; 30 hours = 2 credits; etc.)
- In-service credit cannot be earned if a stipend is paid.
- Class participants must sign the attendance sheet at each session.
- The instructor should note on the attendance sheet when a participant arrives late or leaves early.
- The instructor must verify that all signatures are obtained and sign the attendance sheet.
The following activities DO NOT count as qualifying time:
- Breaks or meals
- Orientation (including how an online system works)
- Time devoted to independent reading
- Time spent completing an “assignment”
- Individual, unmonitored reflection time
- Workshop evaluation or assessment
- Any contracted time (CEUs may NOT be issued during regular contract time and CEUs may not be issued if participants receive a stipend)
You must maintain attendance records for all approved PD and produce those records as requested by NDE.