How to Register for a Class

  • Register for a Class

    1.  Access the Professional Learning tab in MyPGS

    2. In the "Course Registration" section of the page, click the "View All Courses" Icon. (If you know some details about the class you wish to register for, you may search the Course Catalog.)
      Tag Search

    3. In the upper right corner, enter your search criteria and press the Enter key on your keyboard. You can search by course title, section title, course description, section description, instructor name, course number or section number. 

      Compensation Type

    4. You can also refine your search by the choices listed on the left side of the screen.  For instance, if you are searching for a course that offers in-service credit, click the arrow next to Compensation Type and place a check mark in front of In-Service Credit.

      Refine by

    5. Find a class that you would like to attend. After the description, you will see "Select a section to register" area. Click on "Register" for the section with the date(s) you want to attend.
      There may be more times that are hidden; when clicked the "View All Sections" link, will expand and show all available times for that class.


  • Payment for Class

    The web registration system does not accept personal checks, money orders or cash, as payment for in-service classes.  Registration for in-service classes will require payment with a credit card only.


  • One Year Limit to Review Web Transcript

    In order to maintain accurate and up-to-date records, participants have ONE YEAR from the completion date of each class to review web transcripts for accuracy.  If the web transcript appears to have a discrepancy, please email Ellen Thomas.  

    MyPGS Transcripts

    The MyPGS Transcripts can be uploaded into OPAL as documentation of professional learning for recertification purposes with the Nevada Department of Education. The transcript must be uploaded in PDF form. Click the Print button on the transcript and then save it as a PDF. For salary movement, you MUST present a paper copy of your certificate to Human Resources. If the MyPGS transcript appears to be incorrect, please email Ellen Thomas