Welcome to Government Affairs
The Department of Government Affairs is the District's voice on policy-level issues. The primary responsibilities of the department include:
- Communicating the point of view and needs of the District to the community, elected officials and key decision-makers.
- Developing strategies that support the District within the community and at all levels of government.
- Acting as Liaison with elected officials including federal, state and local governments
Contact Your Elected Officials
Use the following documents for assistance in finding your elected officials:
Political Contact List - By School
Nevada State Assembly Members
Nevada State Senate Members
Nevada State Legislature: "Which Legislator Represents My...?"
- Do's & Don'ts Tip Sheet
- Board Policy 1310, Political Activity in Schools
- Administrative Regulation 1310, Political Activity in Schools
- Administrative Regulation 6144.2, Classroom Visitation of Political Candidates and/or Public Office Holders
Nevada State Legislature
2017 Legislative SessionThe 79th Session of the Nevada Legislature will convene on Monday, February 6, 2017. Click here to access information regarding potential legislation that could impact the District and education in Nevada."iNVest" is the product of the Nevada Association of School Superintendents, comprised of the superintendents of Nevada's 17 geographic school districts, related to improving education in Nevada.
2015 Legislative SessionThe 78th Session of the Nevada Legislature has concluded. Click here for a final report of the action that impacts education.
2013 Legislative Session
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.