Frequently Asked Questions
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
Throughout the 2021-22 School Year, the Washoe County School District has been implementing Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for all eligible staff members. MFA has helped the District implement a practical step towards avoiding a cyber breach, while meeting regulatory and compliance objectives.
All staff members will be required to use MFA to access District Information Resources like OneDrive, SharePoint, and Outlook Online by March 31, 2022 when they are off the District network. All staff members, including new employees, must enroll themselves individually.
To enroll, please follow the directions in the MFA Setup guide or these short instructions:
- Visit https://aka.ms/mysecurityinfo.
- Select + Add Method button > In the Drop down, Select Phone > Add
- Enter your text capable phone number with the area code
- Select “Text me a code” > Next
- Enter the 6 digit code you receive by text message > Next
- You’re done! You have successfully enrolled in MFA.