Archie Clayton Pre-AP Academy School Uniform Policy (Effective 2020-2021 School Year)
Archie Clayton Pre-AP Academy School Uniform Policy
All students are expected to be in school uniform while on campus during the school day and at school events with the exception of “free dress days” or “spirit days.” These days will occur throughout the year. The dress or grooming of all students must not present potential health or safety problems or create a disruption of the learning environment. Specific prohibitions or limitations include, but are not limited to, the following. Exceptions shall be considered for religious or medical reasons; or with the permission of the principal (i.e. a designated school spirit day). In addition to the WCSD dress code, Archie Clayton Pre-AP Academy school uniform policy includes the following:
- Clayton logo polo or non-logo’d polo in green or black, and/or Clayton logo sweatshirt or non- logo’d sweatshirt in green or black must be the outer layer when in class.
- Solid black or tan/khaki pants, shorts, or skirts
- Shorts and skirts must be at least mid-length and there are to be no exposed undergarments.
- Tights may be worn under skirts. Solid black, no colored patterns.
- Leggings, to include yoga pants, are acceptable worn as pants. Solid black, no colored patterns.
- Pants/bottoms with rips, tears, mesh, fishnet or lace are acceptable but shall not reveal or expose a private/intimate part of the body nor cause a safety concern (e.g., a tripping hazard because the hem of the pant leg drags on the floor).
- Long sleeve shirts may be worn UNDER the uniform polo and must be solid black, white, or gray
- Tights or leggings may be worn under approved uniform shorts/pants/skirts, and must be solid black or tan
- No head coverings are permitted to be worn inside school during school hours. Allowable head coverings are those which are worn for medical or religious (e.g. hijab, yarmulke, turban) reasons.
- Sunglasses may not be worn inside building during school hours except for medical reasons, to include transition lessons.
Coats and Jackets
- Winter coats do not have to match our uniform colors.
- Coats, jackets, and non-uniform sweatshirts are not to be worn in the classroom.
Uniforms can be purchased
online @ www.kateslogos.com for pickup.
Kate’s Logos School Uniforms
1221 W 2nd St
Reno NV 89503
All students at Archie Clayton Pre-AP Academy are expected to follow the school uniform policy. Violation of the uniform dress code will result in:
o Student will receive a verbal reminder
o Parents/Guardians may be called and asked to bring a uniform shirt or appropriate bottoms
o Student and parents/guardians will receive a copy of the uniform policy
o Student warned of consequences for second violation
o Parents/Guardians will be called by teacher or administrator to discuss the uniform policy and problem-solve strategies to comply with the dress code
o Parents/Guardians will be asked to bring an appropriate change of clothes
o Student may be assigned detention
o Student warned of consequences for third violation
o Parents/Guardians called by administrator and/or parent conference with administrator
o Multiple days of detention, loss of privilege, or in school suspension (ISS) may be assigned for defiance of school rules
o Parent/Guardians asked to bring an appropriate change of clothes
o Student warned that further violations could result in suspension