Future 6th Grade Students
We have completed campus tours for our current 5th grade (future 6th grade) students from our feeder schools. Click here for our Future Cubs webpage with course elections and more information about the transition to middle school.
Summer School 2023
Summer school is open to all Clayton students and highly recommended for students that have failed one or more courses in English, mathematics and science. We have contacted families of students that we recommend attending summer school this year.
Washoe County School District is offering four consecutive weeks of summer learning for students currently enrolled from June 20 through July 13, 2023. Students attend school Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:00am-1:30 pm at McQueen High School. Breakfast and lunch will be served. We will focus on core academics such as reading, writing, and mathematics as well as social-emotional learning and organizational skills.
If you are interested in having your child attend summer school and you have not filled out the survey, please complete the survey that was emailed to you and posted on our website to indicate interest in sending your child to summer school. If you have multiple children that you want to attend summer school, please complete the survey for each child. We ask that the form be completed by May 5, 2023.
We are here to help. Contact our office at 775-746-5860.
Following last night's Board of Trustees meeting, McQueen High School's zoning has changed. Clayton students previously zoned for Hug will attend McQueen High School starting next year (2023-2024).
This change will help relieve overcrowding in WSCD and provide all students with equitable learning environments to be successful.To view the WCSD rezoning map for your address, please click here.
End of the Year To-Dos:
- We are getting ready to collect elective preferences for continuing students. We need families to complete the annual online registration through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal before we are able to schedule electives. Take a moment if you have not already completed online registration so that your child is able to receive preferred courses.
- For the 23-24 school year, all incoming 7th graders will be required to receive the Tdap and MCV4 immunizations prior to starting the first day of 7th grade. There is no grace period for these immunizations. Make sure your child’s start of the year is not disrupted. Contact the Community Health Alliance, Washoe County Health Department or your personal health care provider. Click here for a WCSD Spring vaccination schedule.
Need Help with Missing Work, Assignments or Concepts?
Connect with a Paper tutor! You can access one-on-one assistance on assignments, homework or get your academic questions answered with Paper. Students can access this resource through the link in Clever. Sign-in with your WCSD network credentials (username and password).
Connect with a Clayton tutor! We offer in-person tutoring on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays each week. If you would like your child to attend tutoring, please add your child’s name to the list by completing our form. You can pick one, two or all days each week. We ask that you plan for the student to remain in the tutoring session until 3:15pm.
On the day of the tutoring session:
- Students interested in dropping into tutoring will congregate in the north courtyard until the tutoring teacher collects them and escorts the group to the tutoring room.
- Students are expected to work productively and stay until the session concludes at 3:15. They will be asked to check out at the office at the end of the session.
- Teachers are there to provide resources, support, and direct tutoring.
You can now report student absences online! Check it out and give it a try. Need help? Let us know.
We call home regularly to keep you updated. Check this page regularly if you missed a call or would like to review calls that were previously sent home. After a call is sent, the file will be posted below.
Connect Ed Call Library
Email: email@example.com Wyoming AvenueReno, Nevada 89503(Corner of Kings Row and Wyoming)WCSD Parent Line(delayed starts and closures)