Parent Booster Club
AACT’s Parent Booster Club's purpose is to support the academic and career tech student organizations and clubs. Joining will put parents in the know for all AACT activities and events sponsored by our volunteer parent boosters. Cost is only $20/year per family. Note you can donate more via the form and that all donations up to $300 will get additional tax deduction this year. Also, during the once a month meetings (typically 2nd Wednesday of every month at 5:30 PM), volunteers attend to discuss their ideas and solutions with school staff, and to learn more about AACT’s community and activities. We would really love to see you there and/or to have you support with the many opportunities for parents!
In the 2019-2020 school year Boosters supported in some of these areas to help our students:
- awarded 7 well deserving seniors with $1,000 scholarships each,
- helped purchase 10 jackets for FCCLA competition,
- helped purchase 10 graphing calculators to support ACT Testing,
- Junior Interviews - note we are doing this Oct 21-23rd 2020, please use this link to sign-up and help: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080445acaa23a1fd0-junior2
- In addition, Boosters helped staff and some financial support to Teacher Appreciation, Junior Interviews, dance chaperones, Graduation, and much more!
Drop us a note to offer ideas/suggestions via the Booster Club mailbox located in the main hallway near the "Commons". All parents, students, teachers and staff are welcome to attend meetings. Please email us with any questions you may have here.
- Renewal to Boosters is every year - so to remain as an awesome supporter of AACT Parent Boosters supporting our students, please follow the instructions of the previous email.
- We'll keep this current subscriber list until October 30th. At that time, we'll switch to all the fine folks who have signed up for current 2020-21 year and remove those that have probably moved on (and to those we wish the best of success for your seniors that graduated last June!)
Please email us with any questions you may have here.
2020 - 2021 Parent Booster Club Board
President: Scott Chatham
Vice President: Kristen DeHaan
Treasurer: Mimi Sombatsiri
Secretary: Tabitha Neufeld
Event Coordinator: Nicole Catoner
Next Meeting: TBD maybe via Zoom.2021 Annual Showcase Gala
The Academy of Arts, Careers & Technology (AACT) Parent Booster Club will be holding its annual 2021 Showcase Gala Virtual auction fundraiser this year from April14th to April 24th. Please use https://aactboosters.betterworld.org/ website to access the auction. You can either bid on the wonderful items from both students, parents, and donors and/or add a donation. Our goal this year is to raise $10K!FYI: Normally this wonderful event is in person and includes dinner, drinks, as well as silent and live auctions. But this year given Covid, we are full virtual! Funds raised will support scholarships, travel expenses for local and regional competitions in career and technical skills, Grad Night and many other student opportunitiesAmazon Smile Fundraising OpportunityThe AACT Booster Club is happy to announce their Amazon Smile account is NOW available. Amazon Smile is a service offered by Amazon to help nonprofits with fundraising. To participate log in to https://smile.amazon.com and select “AACT Boosters.” (You will only need to do this once; after that Amazon will remember.) Amazon will donate 0.5% of purchases to AACT Boosters. If you have relatives or friends willing to help, please ask them to sign up too. You can stop your participation at any time. Amazon Smile does not cost you anything.Important DocumentsMeeting Minutes (2020-2021 School Year)