Welcome to WCSD Parent University
Parent University offers learning sessions to help families build upon skills, knowledge and support systems to advocate for student success.
- Parent University offers FREE learning sessions to every caring adult in Washoe County School District.
- Each year close to 300 learning sessions are offered to families at school and community locations.
- Childcare and interpretation in Spanish are offered at every learning session. Interpretation in other languages is available upon request.
- Parent University also hosts 2 Family Access Days each year in partnership with Truckee Meadows Community College and the University of Nevada, Reno. These full-day conferences for families are held on the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno and focus on the path to careers and college for families of students pre-k through high school.
Parent University Updates
- For more information on the Nevada K.I.D.S. Read law, click here.
- To access the Literacy Tip Sheets, click here.
- Schedule Parent University learning session for the 2018-2019 school year today! For more information, click here.
- Check out the different literacy events available at our local libraries during Winter Break - Winter Break Literacy Programs.
- To learn more about the 12th Annual American Indian/ Alaska Native Education & Youth Summit, click here.
FREE UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS FOR ALL FAMILIES:
Join us at the 2019 Chart the Course event for middle and high school families! Space is limited. Register today!
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.