Welcome to WCSD Parent University
Parent University offers workshops to help families build upon skills, knowledge and support systems to advocate for student success.
- Parent University offers FREE workshops to every caring adult in Washoe County School District.
- Each year close to 300 workshops are offered to families at school and community locations.
- Childcare and interpretation in Spanish are offered at every workshop. Interpretation in other languages is available upon request.
- Parent University also hosts 2 Family Access Days each year in partnership with Truckee Meadows Community College and the University of Nevada, Reno. These full-day conferences for families are held on the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno and focus on the path to careers and college for families of students pre-k through high school.
- For more information on the Nevada K.I.D.S. Read law, click here.
- To access the Literacy Tip Sheets, click here.
- Schedule Parent University workshops for the 2019-2020 school year today! For more information, click here.
- Join us at the 2019 National Family and Community Engagement Conference in Reno, NV July 10-12, 2019. For more information, click here
WCSD Parent University is generously sponsored by the Washoe K-12 Education Foundation.
Kids don't come with a manual, so we're here to help!
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.