Welcome to WCSD Parent University
Parent University offers learning sessions to help families build upon skills, knowledge and support systems to advocate for student success.
- Parent University offers FREE learning sessions to every caring adult in Washoe County School District.
- Each year close to 300 learning sessions are offered to families at school and community locations.
- Childcare and interpretation in Spanish are offered at every learning session. Interpretation in other languages is available upon request.
- Parent University also hosts 2 Family Access Days each year in partnership with Truckee Meadows Community College and the University of Nevada, Reno. These full-day conferences for families are held on the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno and focus on the path to careers and college for families of students pre-k through high school.
Parent University Updates
- For more information on the Nevada K.I.D.S. Read law, click here.
- To access the Literacy Tip Sheets, click here.
- Schedule Parent University learning session for the 2018-2019 school year today! For more information, click here.
FREE UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS FOR ALL FAMILIES:
Opportunity for high school seniors to receive dual credit with TMCC. See link below for details.
Click on the flyer to register for the 2018 Reno Career Fair.
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.