Welcome to the WCSD Parent University
MissionParent University offers learning sessions to help families build upon skills, knowledge and support systems to advocate for student success.Program Functions:
- Parent University offers FREE learning sessions to every caring adult in Washoe County School District.
- Each year close to 300 learning sessions are offered to families in school and community locations.
- Childcare and interpretation in Spanish are offered at every learning session. Interpretation in other languages can be provided upon request
- Parent University also hosts 2 Family Access Days each year in partnership with Truckee Meadows Community College and the University of Nevada, Reno. These full-day conferences for families are held on the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno and focus on the path to careers and college for families of students pre-k through high school.
- For more information on the Nevada K.I.D.S. Read law, click here.
- Opportunities for schools to partner with families to support literacy: Understanding the Reading Plan Family Night click here. Family Literacy Club click here.
- Chart the Course is a FREE event filled with workshops geared for families to support their middle and high school students on the path to reach their educational and career goals. A light breakfast, lunch, childcare and interpretation will be offered. Register your family today to reserve a spot! Register here.
WCSD Parent University is generously sponsored by the Washoe K-12 Education Foundation.Kids don't come with a manual, so we're here to help!Parent Universityhas a QR code to linkyou to our website!
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.