GREAT GRIZZ APPLICATION HAS BEEN EXTENDED.• Student must be a senior• Cumulative weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher• Community Service: minimum of 10 hours total – we will honor hours spent serving the community, or if needed, working or helping family (with explanation).• Extracurricular Involvement: Applicant must list one or more activity per grade level i.e. Clubs, Galena athletics, Leadership• Years of Galena Enrollment should not be a factor• Discipline: we honor student growth, so early transgression should not count if the student has improved; however, Den issues Senior Year will be considered.• Award: Great Grizz students will be recognized at the Senior Assembly and names placed on the wall sign posted on campus.
WELCOME CLASS OF 2021
Learn all about Scholarships, FAFSA, College Applications,Virtual Tours and Workshops here!
The Princeton Review is offering a series of workshops for PSAT,SAT,ACT. For more information please visit here.
Questions on the Millennium Scholarship?
List of FAQ's here
View Flyer Document Fact Sheet
HOW TO APPLY FOR FAFSA Opens October 1st, 2020
Students, parents, and borrowers are required to use an FSA ID to access certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and electronically signing your federal student aid documents. Watch the video below for further information and how to apply.
- Try to submit applications as least one week before the due date. Online servers can get overloaded and stop working properly when everyone submits them on the last day. In addition, remember to account for delivery time if mailing an application.
- DEADLINES!!!!! The majority of free money is first-come, first served. September through January is a great time to seek funds and determine what is due when.
- NEVER NEVER pay to submit a scholarship application.
- Always spell check and proof-read applications.
- Make sure you have submitted everything requested and answered all the questions.
- Don't submit anything that isn't asked for, and stay under the required word count.
- Photocopy everything before you submit it, in case your application gets lost and needs to be re-submitted.
- Professionalize your online presence, remove potentially embarrassing content from social media. Use an appropriate email address.
Come visit the Career Center located in Room 515 attached to the Library. We are open from 7:30 to 3pm daily. The College and Career Center is a resource for Galena High School students, and their parents. It is designed to assist students in preparing for life after high school. Whether that involves the college search and application process, offering assistance to students with career and/or job information or applying for scholarships, we are here to assist. Galena High School challenges students to develop academic and career skills for post high school options.
Come by and check out the Career Center to see what we have to offer...Feel free to check out college and career books, pick up handouts, scholarship and financial aid information, college and university catalogs. Learn about SAT/ACT/ASVAB testing information, test prep, and so much more!
Please check the calendar regularly for up-to-date information regarding college visits, workshops and scholarship deadlines.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
College and Career Center Hours
7:30am - 3:00pm
(775) 851-5630 Ext. 30695