Welcome to the College and Career Center!!!
Sign up to receive alerts for new scholarships, events, and deadlines!
Text @galenacar to 81010 or click here to see how OR...email me at email@example.com to be added to The Class of 2020 Remind Class and the Senior 2020 Scholarship distribution email list
HOW TO APPLY FOR FAFSA Opens October 1st, 2019
Students, parents, and borrowers are required to use an FSA ID to access certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and electronically signing your federal student aid documents. Watch the video below for further information and how to apply.
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Senior Week
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM TMCC Application workshop
September 30, 2019
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM The University of Montana Western
October 3, 2019
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM TMCC FAFSA Workshop
October 7, 2019
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Fall Break
October 14, 2019
9:35 AM - 10:00 AM University of Puget Sound
October 16, 2019
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM PSAT testing - 3 Hour Delay
5:30 PM - 6:00 PM UNR FAFSA Parent Night
October 17, 2019
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM TMCC Application Workshop
October 19, 2019
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Dollars for Scholars
October 20, 2019
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM WACAC Career Fair at UNR
October 21, 2019
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM Boise State University
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM Northern Arizona University
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM Willamette University
9:35 AM - 10:00 AM Boise State University
- Try to submit applications as least one week before the due date. Online servers can get overloaded and stop working properly when everyone submits them on the last day. In addition, remember to account for delivery time if mailing an application.
- DEADLINES!!!!! The majority of free money is first-come, first served. September through January is a great time to seek funds and determine what is due when.
- NEVER NEVER pay to submit a scholarship application.
- Always spell check and proof-read applications.
- Make sure you have submitted everything requested and answered all the questions.
- Don't submit anything that isn't asked for, and stay under the required word count.
- Photocopy everything before you submit it, in case your application gets lost and needs to be re-submitted.
- Professionalize your online presence, remove potentially embarrassing content from social media. Use an appropriate email address.
Come visit the Career Center located in Room 515 attached to the Library. We are open from 7:30 to 3pm daily. The College and Career Center is a resource for Galena High School students, and their parents. It is designed to assist students in preparing for life after high school. Whether that involves the college search and application process, offering assistance to students with career and/or job information or applying for scholarships, we are here to assist. Galena High School challenges students to develop academic and career skills for post high school options.
Come by and check out the Career Center to see what we have to offer...Feel free to check out college and career books, pick up handouts, scholarship and financial aid information, college and university catalogs. Learn about SAT/ACT/ASVAB testing information, test prep, and so much more!
Please check the calendar regularly for up-to-date information regarding college visits, workshops and scholarship deadlines.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
College and Career Center Hours
7:30am - 3:00pm
(775) 851-5630 Ext. 30695