Welcome to the College and Career Center!!!
Sign up to receive alerts for new scholarships, events, and deadlines!
Text @galenacar to 81010 or click here to see how OR...email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to The Class of 2019 Remind Class and the Senior 2019 Scholarship distribution email list
2018-2019 ACT TEST DATES
LATE FEE REQUIRED
September 29-0ct. 14
January 1 1
ACT (No Writing) Registration - $50.50
ACT (Plus Writing) Registration - $67
Late Registration Fee - Add $30.00
Register (sign up) online at www.actstudent.orq
2018-2019 SAT TEST DATES
LATE FEE REQUIRED
Regular Registration (no essay)- $47.50
SAT with Essay -$64.50
Late Registration Fee - Add $29
Register (sign up) online at sat.colleqeboard.orq.
THIS SHEET IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY. ALWAYS CHECK THE OFFICIAL WEBSITES FOR CURRENT INFORMATION
- Try to submit applications as least one week before the due date. Online servers can get overloaded and stop working properly when everyone submits them on the last day. In addition, remember to account for delivery time if mailing an application.
- DEADLINES!!!!! The majority of free money is first-come, first served. September through January is a great time to seek funds and determine what is due when.
- NEVER NEVER pay to submit a scholarship application.
- Always spell check and proof-read applications.
- Make sure you have submitted everything requested and answered all the questions.
- Don't submit anything that isn't asked for, and stay under the required word count.
- Photocopy everything before you submit it, in case your application gets lost and needs to be re-submitted.
- Professionalize your online presence, remove potentially embarrassing content from social media. Use an appropriate email address.
WE'VE MOVED..Come visit the NEW Career Center located in Room 515 attached to the Library. We are open from 7:30 to 3pm daily. The College and Career Center is a resource for Galena High School students, and their parents. It is designed to assist students in preparing for life after high school. Whether that involves the college search and application process, offering assistance to students with career and/or job information or applying for scholarships, we are here to assist. Galena High School challenges students to develop academic and career skills for post high school options.
Come by and check out the Career Center to see what we have to offer...Feel free to check out college and career books, pick up handouts, scholarship and financial aid information, college and university catalogs. Learn about SAT/ACT/ASVAB testing information, test prep, and so much more!
Please check the calendar regularly for up-to-date information regarding college visits, workshops and scholarship deadlines.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com
College and Career Center Hours
7:30am - 3:00pm
College and Career Center Facilitator
(775) 851-5630 Ext. 30695
HOW TO APPLY FOR A FAFSA ID
Students, parents, and borrowers are required to use an FSA ID to access certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and electronically signing your federal student aid documents. Watch the video below for further information. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ihhGk8mCY
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM TMCC Application Workshop
February 1, 2019
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Doyle Foundation Scholarship Due
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Elks National Legacy Award Due
February 8, 2019
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM SAT registration deadline for 3/9 test date
February 9, 2019
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM ACT Test Date
February 13, 2019
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM NV State Elks Association School Grant
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM NV State Elks Nursing Scholarship
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Reno Rodeo Foundation Scholarships Due
February 14, 2019
12:00 PM - 2:30 PM Accuplacer Test
February 15, 2019
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Galena General Scholarship Due
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Nevada Cattlewomen Scholarship Due
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM WACE National Co-Op Scholarship
February 21, 2019
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM REEDSY National Creative Writing Scholarship