Please also visit your class page for more information.
SSHS BELL SCHEDULE 2019-2020
CELL PHONE POLICY
ELECTRONIC DEVICES CAN DISTRACT STUDENTS FROM WORKING AND CREATE LONG-TERM PROBLEMS.
PHONE SHOULD BE COMPLETELY OFF BEFORE ENTERING THE ROOM.
1) 1st & 2nd offenses; Verbal warning, A loss of participation points, and Behavior Minor Report
2) 3rd & more offenses / Excessive use of phone;
No more verbal warnings, A loss of participation points, Parent Contact, Behavior Referral to SRO, and
The phone locked up by teacher or SRO during the entire class period for the rest of semester
RESTROOM PASS - 4 CHANCES/SEMESTER
* No restroom during the first and the last 10 minutes of class - SSHS Policy
* If a student needs to go to the restroom after using all passes, the student will lose participation points for that day.
* If a student doesn't work productively in class, he/she will not be allowed to go to the restroom.
* If a student goes to the restroom without permission, he/she will get a referral and teacher will contact parent/guardian.
* All unused passes can be used for an extra credit points at the end of each semester.
Characteristics of a good work ethic in Ms. Yeom's class
- Proper use of class time without abusing privileges
- Responsibilities: Paying attention to instruction, Following directions, Being productive, and Cleaning after work
- Productivity: Trying to get assignments completed with effort by the due dates
- Respectful manner: Understanding and accepting the value of learning time for all individual students in class. Keeping facilities in good condition without wasting supplies.
1. Be on time
2. Turn off personal electronic devices before entering
3. Do not bring food/drinks/gum
4. Be in assigned seat when the bell rings
5. Use inside voice at all times
6. Keep backpack/bag/purse on the front table
7. Be respectful
8. Be responsible
9. Use restroom passes wisely *No work = No Restroom*
ART 1-2 $20.00 / year - Supplies
DRAWING $30.00 / year - Supplies
ART 5-6 (H) $40.00 / year - Supplies
AP ART: Drawing, 2D, or 3D $70.00 / year (2018-2019) - Supplies, Scholastic Art submission, AP matboards
AP ART: Photography $45.00 / year (2018-2019) - Scholastic Art submission, AP matboards
AP EXAM FEE $94.00 (2018-2019) - Subject to change by CollegeBoard
CLASS GRADE (100%)
DRAWING 1-2 (1credit / year) = All Assignments (50%) + Participation (35%) + Final exam (15%)
ART 5-6 (1credit / year) = All Assignments (85%) + Final exam (15%)
AP STUDIO ART (1credit / year) = All Assignments (85%) + Final exam (15%)
AP ART SUPPORT (1credit / year) = Participation (85%) + Final exam (15%)
Assignment(s) turned in two weeks after the due date will be one lower letter grade.
All grade corrections are due one week before the end of each semester.
Participation point is to encourage students to stay on task and it is a chance to raise their class grade. Students will receive 5pts/2pts/1pt for their daily participation. If a student stays on task most of the time without disruptive behavior, is productive by following directions, and is responsible for own work, he/she will receive 5pts. If a student wastes more than 5 minutes without being productive and/or doesn't put any effort into their assignments, he/she will receive 2pts.
If a student interrupts instructional/learning time, he/she will receive 1pt.
It is to protect everyone's education and provide an opportunity to raise overall grade.
AIE / LAB ASST. = Participation (85%) + Final exam (15%)
1) It is the student's responsibility to request make-up assignments by the first following Wednesday lunch after he/she returns from absence(s).
The assignments must be completed and turned in two weeks for full credit and attendance change.
Class hours should not be used for makeup work.
"The student has a limited number of days in which to return the made-up work (number of days absent plus one, starting the day the work was provided by the teacher)." - WCSD Attendance Policy
2) Participation points will remain as Incomplete/Missing until they are made up at lunch.
A study guide for written exam is available one week before each final from the class page.
1st Semester Final Exam Schedule 2018 Fall - Dec. 17th, 18th, & 20th
Monday, December 17th (7th Period Final)
7:00 – 7:55 am. – 0 period
8:00 – 9:20 am. – 4th period (1 hr. 20 minutes)
9:20 – 9:27 am. – Passing
9:27 – 10:47 am. – 5th period (1hr. 20 minutes)
10:47 – 10:54 am. – Passing
10:54 – 12:34 pm. – 7th period (FINAL-1hr. 40 minutes)
12:34 – 1:04 pm. – LUNCH (30 minutes)
1:04 – 1:10 pm. – Passing
1:10 – 2:30 pm. – 6th period (1hr. 20 minutes)
2:45 – 3:45 pm. – 8th period
Tuesday, December 18th
First ½ of 0 period
Wednesday, December 19th
Second ½ of 0 period
Thursday, December 20th
The schedule for these days is:
Final Exams Bell Schedule
7:00 – 7:55am – Zero Periods
8:00 – 9:40am – 1st Exam
9:40 – 9:50am – Break
9:50 – 9:55am – Passing
9:55 – 11:35am – 2nd Exam 12/18 (Mon): 7th period12/19 (Tue): 1st & 2nd period
12/20 (Wed): 4th & 5th period2nd Semester Final Exam Schedule 2019 Spring
6/05 (Tue): 7th period
Academic Warning 1------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Academic Warning 2
1st Semester Grade = Academic and Citizenship grade (Final grade for 1st semester)
Academic Warning 3
Academic Warning 4
2nd Semester Grade = Academic and Citizenship grade (Final grade for 2nd semester)