The Library/Learning Commons is where it's at!
The Library/Learning Commons is the perfect place to find what you're looking for whether it's a book, a computer or laptop to use, research assistance, help navigating Destiny or databases, assistance with technology tools, guidance with coursework, materials for projects, a chill work space, or simply a place to be. We're here for you, whatever you need!
ACCESS TO SO MANY RESOURCES – DESTINY
Just a couple of clicks away. . .
- Books can be searched for and held for pick up and ebooks can be checked out on the spot to read on a computer or other personal device (there's an app for that - see Ms. Howden.)
- Databases can be accessed for free using logins and passwords provided in the library.
- Useful educational links of all kinds can be found on the Home page of Destiny as well.
- Test Prep for AP, PSAT, ACT, etc. can be found through the database Learning Express (Destiny Homepage.) Just create an account, choose "All Centers" at the top, then "College Preparation."
Follow the "DESTINY Connection" link on the right to access the catalog. You can search and access the links on the Home Page without logging in, but if you would like to be able to view your account, check out ebooks, place holds, make lists, create a collection of resources in Destiny Collections, etc., you'll want to log in using instructions below :)
- Your login for Destiny is your ID#
- Your password is your last name (all lower case) Remember! Your last name should be entered exactly as it is shown in Infinite Campus, eg: if your last name is Jones, it will be entered as jones. If it is Smith-Jones, it will be entered as smith-jones. See Ms. Howden with any issues and we'll figure it out :)
We value all learners and are committed to providing the resources and environment that support students in their academic pursuits and information literacy skills. We encourage a love of reading, an appreciation of diversity, and a desire to learn and grow. We promote critical thinking, ethical use of technology, self-efficacy, and seek to equip students with the tools to become thoughtful, responsible citizens.