- 2022-2023 Registration
- Please remember to register as your student for the 2022-23 school year. Please use the Infinite Campus Parent Portal account to complete online registration.
- 22-23 Electives: Students! It's time to start planning for next year's electives: (fill out the forms below if you are interested)
- Paper Tutoring: We have a very exciting partnership with a 24-hour online tutoring program called Paper! It is safe, transparent, and easily accessible. Students can log in at app.paper.co which will then lead them through their WCSD Canvas login for security purposes.
Upcoming events this quarter:
- 5/18 Incoming 6th Grade Night
- 5/19 7/8 Grade Spring Music Concert
- 5/20 Spring Semi Formal Dance 5:30pm
- 5/21 Music Trip to Six Flags
- 5/30 Memorial Day: No School
- 6/1 No Early Release. School will be released at 2:00
- 6/2 8th Grade Graduation 6pm
- 6/3 School Finals
- 6/6 Color Run and Field Day
- 6/7 Last Day of School
Attention 8th Grade Girls!
The 2022 Microsoft Reno DigiGirlz Day is scheduled for Friday, July 15 at the University of Nevada Reno, College of Business. A DigiGirlz Day is a great way to learn about technology careers, make something fun and see cool technology.
Click on the image below to register:
Caitlin Check - Safe Schoools Professional
- Coffee With Caitlin Flier
- If you’d like to learn some positive and healthy ways to communicate with your student, the Living Ideation Workshop put on by the Children’s Cabinet is the way to go! Please see the flyer for details.
Info for Families:
- Parents' Guide to Youth Mental Health
- Living Ideation Workshop by the Children’s Cabinet: Please see the flyer for details.
- Learn about ways to connect with your teen
High School, College and Beyond:
- AACT Brochure
- WCSD Career Technical Education Programs
- TMCC High School
- Intro video
- WCSD signature and CTE programs
- Alpine Academy Open House
- Signature Academies & Career Technical Education
- SSHS Sports Medicne Academy
- AACT Flyer
- Reed HS Enterprise Porject
Paper Online Tutoring:
Click on the image below for more information:
Stay up to date:
Click here to see our latest newsletter: Winter Newsletter
If you need support from our wonderful counselors, click below to see their awesome bitmoji classroom and schedule an appointment.
Cindy Raymond Counselor teams 1-5 email@example.com
Tiffiny Robinson Counselor teams 6-7 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2022-2023 Registration
We've gone social!
Welcome to Shaw Middle School
Our mission is to educate every middle school student by holding students and faculty accountable to a rigorous standards-based curriculum. Quality instruction, enrichment and remediation that include multiple opportunities for success are provided in a diverse, safe and respectful community that promotes continual academic growth.
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook