• Dual Credit Title

    Dual credit enrollment allows Nevada high school students to take courses in a university setting and earn college credit, preparing them for their future careers.  All dual credit permission forms for off-campus institutions (TMCC Jump Start, UNR, WNC, etc.) must be signed by the IHS counselor prior to enrolling in a class. Permission Forms are available online or in the IHS Counseling Office. Dual Credit Contract


    Below are checklists for how to enroll at Truckee Meadows Community College and Western Nevada College:

    TMCC Jumpstart Dual Credit Program

    To enroll for TMCC’s Jump Start Program for High School Students, you must follow these steps before you can register for classes. To access all information please visit TMCC Jump Start.

    For more information about the program, check out these flyers! Jumpstart Spring Notes 2023, Jump Start Services, TMCC Webinar Flyer

    Apply for Admissions

    Complete a TMCC Application for Admission and view important dates and deadlines. TMCC Admission Application

    Complete the Jump Start Orientation

    The online Jump Start Orientation will help you learn the requirements and responsibilities of taking college classes. Students must complete the Jump Start Orientation by logging into Canvas with your TMCC username and password.

    Complete Permission to Enroll Form

    If you are a high school student, submit a Permission to Enroll Form. Incomplete forms will delay the enrollment process. Permission to Enroll

    Pay for Classes

    Class payment is completed through MyTMCC using your TMCC username and password.


    Western Nevada College Dual Credit Enrollment  

    Each high school in the WNC service area determines which WNC courses can also count as high school credit. High school students that successfully complete approved WNC courses may have college credit also apply towards high school graduation. Please visit WNC Dual Credit Enrollment

    1. If you are a new student of WNC,  Apply for admission
    2. Submit a high school authorization form, indicating the class(es) planned for enrollment. A parental signature is required on the form. A WNC Counselor will see permission from the student’s high school staff to ensure the student is in good academic standing. Allow up to five business days for processing.
    3. Register for class(es) via myWNC.
    4. For assistance, contact Admissions and Records at 775-445-3277 or admissions.records@wnc.edu


    BYU Independent Study

    Approval is not needed through the counselor to take BYU courses. Please check out their course catalog here to start the process. BYU Course Catalog