Please see below for information regarding how you can earn High School elective credit for working
What a great opportunity!
Work Study Facts & Criteria
- Students can earn a .5 credit of elective for every 180 hours worked.
- Work study can be taken as a part of a student's academic load and replace 1 of their 6 courses at North Star. (See contract below for more details)*
- To be eligible, students must submit a work study contract* and paystub to the counselor.
- Paystubs must be emailed to the counselor. THIS IS THE STUDENT'S RESPONSIBILITY
- Emails must include the subject line: Work Study Hours
- Work study carries a pass/fail grade.
- If a minimum of 180 hours are not submitted, then the student receives a "U" and no credit. This will be posted to the transcript.
- Please schedule an appointment to discuss this option with your counselor.
The Work Study Contract must be printed, completed, and emailed to the counselor to be eligible.
How to Scan Documents With iOS
The release of iOS 11 added a new scanning feature to Notes. Here's how to use it:
- Open the Notes app and tap the icon to create a new note.
- Tap the Camera icon above the keyboard and select Scan Document.
- Position the phone camera over the document. Notes automatically focuses and captures an image, or you do it manually by tapping the shutter button.
- After you scan a page, drag the handlesto crop the scan. Tap Keep Scan to continue.
You can also type Retake to scan the document again.
- When you're finished, pressSave.
How to Scan Documents With Android
You need Google Drive installed to scan documents with Android. The app generally comes pre-installed on Android devices. If you don't have it, download it for free from the Google Play Store.
- Open Google Drive and tap the +
- Under the Create Newtab, select Scan.
- Position the phone camera over the document and tap the Shutter button when you're ready to capture the image.
- Tap the checkmark to keep the scan or tap thetrash icon to delete it.
- Tap the +symbol to scan more images or tap the checkmark to finish and upload your document to Google Drive.
- When you finish scanning, enter a file name for your new PDF and choose which folder to save it in.
Once you have saved your fie you can then attach it to an email to send.