"We envision a community where all students engage in a rigorous, supportive, and well-rounded education to prepare them for further academic and career opportunities."
2020 McQueen Blood Drive
Sponsored by McQueen Lancer Battalion & JROTC in partnership with Vitalant Blood Services.
McQueen High School will be holding a blood drive at the Vitalant Donation Center in Reno. Student and community members are invited to come together to give blood with McQueen and show their Lancer pride!
We’re asking students to assemble their “hero team” to donate. Call a friend or relative and make a plan to give blood together. This is one safe and essential activity that we are all encouraged to do, with our masks on, of course!
- A/B Schedule allows for students to attend on their D.L. day. Also teachers, staff, parents are encouraged to donate.
- Safety measures will be enforced and conducted - sanitization, masks, social distancing, supervision of health status before and after donation, and pre-screen steps taken through vital signs and questions/survey conducted.
- COVID antibody test will be conducted and notification to donor made as needed.
- 16 yo allowed with permission slip signed (Minor Application). 17 yo and older approved.
- Pre-screening questions/survey to be done prior to going to clinic to help ensure donor allowed/approved.
- Sign up for November 17th - Here
- Sign up for November 18th - Here
Additional sign-ups via Chief Holler's in room 404 (JROTC) 30 minutes before or after school. Or visit www.bloodhero.com and search sponsor code "McQueen."
Picture Re-Takes are Coming!
November 9th & 10th. Retakes will be in the small gym. 8:30-3:30.
If you are getting a re-take, then you must check in with your teacher first. DO NOT SKIP class to get pictures taken.
Distance Learners---Park in the west lot. You must wear a mask on campus. Please social distance while you are in the gym waiting. All distance Learners who had their picture taken on the earlier date, last month, they have arrived and are in the office waiting for you to pick them up.
- Main Office Phone Number: 775-746-5880 (7am - 3pm during the school year; Summer hours may be different)
- Attendance Phone Number: 775-746-5880 opt. 0
- Fax Number: 775-747-6883
- WCSD Parent Hotline (Delayed Starts, Closures, Notifications) Phone Number: 775-334-8373
- School Address: 6055 Lancer Street / Reno, NV / 89523
- General E-Mail Address: McQueenSupport@washoeschools.net
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook