Registering at McQueen
Enrolling at McQueen (New Students)
- Students who have recently moved into the McQueen zone and need to enroll at McQueen
- Students who left the school district and need to return to McQueen.
To enroll you will need to:
- Complete online registration through the Washoe County School District website. Go to the New Student to WCSD Online Registration section.
- Fill out the forms in the New Student Enrollment Packet and bring them to McQueen High School Registrar’s office along with the following documents:
- Proof of Address: A Utility Bill (Power, Water, Sewer etc.) or a Rental or Lease agreement or Closing Escrow Papers in at least one parent/guardian’s name. If you do not have these items in at least one parent/guardian’s name, see the SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES section below.
- Withdrawal Form: You must bring a withdrawal form from the last school that you were attending (unless the school year that you are enrolling for has not yet started)
- $20 Cash or Check for the Book Deposit.
- Original Birth Certificate – Copies are not accepted
- Shot Record (unless you are transferring from a Washoe County School District School)
- Shot Record:
- Must include two Hepatitis A shots and three Hepatitis B shots.
- TDaP shot cannot be more than ten years old.
- Must have had the disease Chicken Pox or two varicella vaccines.
- Meningococcal Vaccine
- Transcript: of all high school grades (if you are an incoming freshman, we will need your complete middle school transcript - unless you are transferring from a Washoe County School)
If the parent/guardian and the student are living with another family, you must provide a letter from the homeowner stating that the parent/guardian and the student are residing there, along with Proof of Address of the homeowner.
If the student does not live with his/her parent, then the adult with whom the student lives and the legal parent/guardian must fill out a Washoe County School District Temporary Guardianship Form.
If the student’s guardian has legal guardianship, A copy of the court order must be provided