McQueen Counseling Department
Welcome to McQueen Counseling
The mission of the McQueen Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program which facilitates the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students. The school counselors provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement so that all students can graduate prepared for college and career success.
We hope all our WCSD families are well and staying safe and healthy during this time of physical distancing. Please make an effort to reach out electronically to friends, family, teachers and counselors to remain socially connected. During this difficult time, we want our students and families to know we are here to help. Please feel free to contact us with your questions and concerns via email or phone:
Mrs. Julie Benson: Last Names A-Da and S-Sm
Schedule an appointment: https://calendly.com/jbensonmcqueencounselor
Ms. Amanda Feehan: Last Names Db-Hi and Sn-Sz
Schedule an appointment: https://calendly.com/afeehan
Ms. Kristy Smith: Last Names Hj-Mi and T-V
Schedule an appointment: https://calendly.com/kmsmith-1
Mrs. Erin Parker: Last Names Mj-R and W-Z
Schedule an appointment: https://calendly.com/erin-parker-1
Mrs. Lisa Williams: College and Career Center Facilitator
Phone: 775-749-5880 x 32401
Ms. Angie Kirk: Family Graduation Advocate
Phone: 774-746-5880 x 32453
Ms. Angie Kirk is our school's Family Graduation Advocate, and is charged with supporting our counselors, families, and ultimately our students on the path to graduation. In addition to working regularly with our counselors and staff, Ms. Kirk's duties also include:
- Working with our school Attendance department to contact families early and develop solutions and plans for students to regularly attend school.
- Partnering with the district Truancy department to conduct home visits for students who are chronically absent.
- Partnering with our school's Career Center to increase students' exposure to resources for career and college planning.
- Connecting students with our after-school tutoring program.
- Connecting students with the Nevada Career Information System for college and career planning.
Ms. Vicki Hanson: Safe Schools Professional