Local Music Stores & Rental Info/Pricing
- At the bottom of this page is an explanation of how to go about renting/purchasing an instrument. Email Mr. B with any questions.
- The vendors listed below all have instrument rental programs. Please check out their rates and consider getting your instruments and supplies from them.
- 8175 S. Virginia (in Scholari's Shopping center by In & Out)
- Visit their website for rental info
Blue Note B's Horn Shop
- 1155 West 4th ST, STE 118 (Reno) AND 1525 Oddie Blvd (Sparks)
- Visit their website for more contact info
Guitar Center (Music & Arts affiliate)
- 6663 S. Virginia St.
- -Website (might have to call in for info about band rentals)
Music & Arts
- Online rental (delivers to home or school)
- Rental website
Music Fuze (Music & Arts affiliate)
“The Washoe County School District or the Board of Trustees neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this document. The distribution of this material is provided as a community service.”
Band Instrument Rental/Purchase Procedures 2023-2024
- Rent-to-own from a local music store (or online). Approximate Prices: $30-45/month for flute, clarinet, trumpet and trombone. Saxes and larger instrument are around $50-80/month. The following instruments will be provided by the school and do not need to be purchased or rented: oboe, bassoon, bass clarinet, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, horn, baritone/euphonium, tuba, percussion.
- Purchase from a local music store or online (do not recommend this option for beginners). If you are going to purchase, Mr. Barthel is happy to give input about instrument quality and price. Just email me a link to the instrument you're looking at. Remember- you get what you pay for!
- Rent instrument from the school for $50 for the school year (Limited inventory- reserved first for those on the Free & Reduced Lunch list per district policy).
- From Music Stores: Families review prices from different stores (some store rental rates and info can be found on the Depoali Band webpage, info above) and then go in to rent/buy.
- For School instruments: Parents who are in need of a school instrument will indicate this on the Band Registration Form (link will be activated soon). If more instruments are requested than are available, the list of those in need will be given to our Principal to check Free & Reduced Lunch eligibility. If the student qualifies and an instrument is available, Mr. Barthel will then send home a rental contract. Students will not receive school instruments until Mr. Barthel has received contract and payment. Qualifying students still pay the $50 rental fee.
- If you don’t need a school instrument, but would like to use one if Mr. Barthel has any left over after those in need have checked theirs out, please indicate that on the form as well.
- The following instruments will be provided by the school and do not need to be purchased or rented: oboe, bassoon, bass clarinet, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, horn, baritone/euphonium, tuba, percussion.