Welcome to the O'Brien Prideland AthleticsWe are beyond excited about sports at O'Brien Middle School.Paper athletic papers will be available in the O'Brien Front Office for student athletes to obtain prior to the start of each season.Please note: ONLY 1 packet needs to be completed each school year.Tryouts are at coaches' discretion.Our Upcoming Seasons are:Cross Country August 22 - September 15Girls Basketball September 19 - October 31Boys Soccer September 19 - October 31Boys Basketball November 1 - December 15Girls Volleyball January 9 - February 16Girls Soccer February 21 - April 6Wrestling February 21 - April 6Track April 10 - May 2
Student Athlete Expectations
Expectations of O'Brien Student Athletes include:
- Any student may tryout. Grade checks may be used for a final cut.
- Must maintain a 2.0 in academics and citizenship
- No F's
- If deemed ineligible due to grades, the student-athlete will not be able to participate in 1 athletic contest. Grades will need to improve before being allowed to participate further.
- Grades will be checked weekly.
- At this time, 6th graders are not allowed to compete in Middle School Sports but can participate in practice.