Welcome to the O'Brien Prideland AthleticsWe are beyond excited to begin sports at O'Brien again this year.Paper athletic papers will be available in the O'Brien Front Office for student athletes to obtain prior to the start of each season.Please note: ONLY 1 packet needs to be completed each school year.Tryouts are at Coaches discretion.Our Upcoming Seasons are:Cross Country August 19 - September 16Girls Basketball September 20 - October 28Boys Soccer September 20 - October 28Boys Basketball November 1 - December 13Girls Volleyball January 3 - February 7Girls Soccer February 14 - April 7Wrestling February 14 - April 5Track April 7 - May 3
Student Athlete Expectations
Expectations of O'Brien Student Athletes include:
- Any student may tryout. Grade checks may be used for a final cut.
- Must maintain a 2.0 in academics and citizenship
- No F's
- If deemed ineligible due to grades, the student-athlete will not be able to participate in 1 athletic contest. Grades will need to improve before being allowed to participate further.
- Grades will be checked weekly.
- At this time, 6th graders are not allowed to compete in Middle School Sports but can participate in practice.