Welcome to the O'Brien Prideland AthleticsWe are beyond excited about sports at O'Brien Middle School.Paper athletic packets will be available in the O'Brien Front Office and in every student hub for student athletes to obtain prior to the start of each season.Please note: ONLY 1 packet needs to be completed each school year.Tryouts are at coaches' discretion.**** Student athletes will be expected to pay a one-time $10 transportation fee prior to their first away game. ****Our Upcoming Seasons are:Cross Country August 21 - September 14Girls Basketball September 18 - November 2Boys Soccer September 18 - November 2Boys Basketball November 6 - December 14Girls Soccer November 6 - December 14Girls Volleyball January 9 - February 12Wrestling February 20 - March 21Track April 8 - April 30
Questions? Comments? Concerns?
Please reach out first to your child's coach before contacting our Athletic Director Kaycee Lundy.
Student Athlete Expectations
Expectations of O'Brien Student Athletes include:
- Any student may tryout. Grade checks may be used for a final cut.
- Must maintain a 2.0 in academics and citizenship
- No F's
- If deemed ineligible due to grades, the student-athlete will not be able to participate in 1 athletic contest. Grades will need to improve before being allowed to participate further.
- Grades will be checked weekly.
- At this time, 6th graders are not allowed to compete in Middle School Sports but can participate in practice.