RISE Graduation Class of 2020
Washoe County School District will be celebrating the Class of 2020 by broadcasting a virtual ceremony. RISE will stream the graduation ceremony on Wednesday, June 10th @ 3:00 PM on KOLO-TV Channel 8 and will also be available on their website. Below we offer further details for RISE graduates.
Cap and Gown - Deadline Monday, May 18th @ 5:00 P.M.
- If you would like to order a cap and gown and have not ordered one yet, they are $32. We need to know by Monday, May 28th at 5:00 P.M. if you are going to want one.
- Email email@example.com with your height and information or call 775-337-9939.
- (You can order just a tassel with the graduating school year for $10.) It is not mandatory to order a cap and gown to be photographed below.
- If you already ordered a cap and gown you can pick them up from RISE Monday, May 18th - Friday, May 22nd from 9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Pictures - Deadline Friday, May 22nd @ 5:00 P.M.
- 1 photograph of each graduate who wants to participate.
- [If you don’t want a picture and just want your name displayed that is an option as well.]
- If you have a picture you would like to send in please email firstname.lastname@example.org. OR
- We are offering to take pictures of graduates (with cap and gown if you would like), Wednesday, May 20, 21 and 22nd from 9:00-3:30.
- We will do these outside of the RISE building at a safe distance. We ask that if you are going to pick up your cap and gown that you wear a mask if you have one and maintain a distance of 6' from others for yours and the safety of the staff.
- The deadline to send a picture in to have displayed with your name is Friday, May 22nd.
- Format: If you send in a horizontal photograph that is preferred but not necessary, if you think of the format of a television screen it is oriented that way.
We traditionally have had students make shout outs as they walk across the stage so if you would like to do so on this version you can send us your 8 words or less with your picture email. Some students have thanked people or made general statements during this time.
CLICK HERE for dates & times for diploma pick up.
Apply for RISE Scholarships
RISE Principal's Scholarship- Merit $1000
3.0 or greater GPA for time enrolled at RISE.
Must be enrolled at RISE for at least 2 quarters
RISE Principal's Scholarship- Financial need $1000
Must demonstrate financial need within essay
RISE Scholarship- $1000
Adams Excavation Scholarship- $500
Agustin C. Silva Scholarship- $500
Student must be Hispanic/ Latino
Must earn an Adult Dipolma
Must be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year college
Complete Scholarship application
Submit Personal Statement Essay email@example.com or RISE front office. Deadline for submission May 29th by 10:30 AM.
Scholarhips will be awarded at graduation June 10, 2020.
2017 Graduation Photos
2016 Graduation Photos and Video