High School Equivalency (HSE)
(Due to COVID-19, all RISE programs will be offered virtually & through online platforms.)
RISE’s online HSE (GED) preparation program is called HiSET Academy. HiSET Academy through Essential Education is a program designed to help students prepare for the High School Equivalency exam (HiSET).
When students log in, they will be able to complete practice tests for each content area and will be assigned lessons appropriate to their study needs. We require five (5) hours of work per week on Essential Education.
If a student is inactive in the program for more than seven (7) days, the student’s account will be inactivated, and the student will need to contact the Online HSE coordinator to be able to continue.
If this program is something you are interested in, please complete the required steps by clicking HERE.
Contact Essential Ed instructor at 775-567-8876.
If you'd like to sign up for the HiSET test please review the following steps.
1. ENROLL TO BECOME A RISE STUDENT
- You need to make sure you are a RISE student first. If you are not sure if you are enrolled, please speak to a counselor or front office staff. If you still need to enroll, go to our website - washoeschools.net/rise & complete the online registration. https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/14388
2. CREATE A HiSET ACCOUNT
- Visit hiset.ets.org
- Click on “For Test Takers”
- Click on “Sign in/Sign Up”
- You will be prompted to enter existing account information or create a new one. IF YOU HAVE EVER TESTED OR CREATED A HISET ACCOUNT, PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. Take the steps to recover your login info by clicking on “forgot username or password.” For further help recovering login info, please call HiSET at 1-855-694-4738.
- If you’ve never tested, click on “create an account.”
- **EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!** Sign up using the name you have on your government issued ID. If you have 2 last names, please put both.
- Towards the end of the registration, you will create a username & password. WRITE THESE DOWN ALONG WITH THE EMAIL YOU USED TO CREATE THIS ACCOUNT. You will be able to check your scores this way.
- Once you submit your information, you will be asked to “sign in to continue.” You’ll enter the username & password you created.
- Once you log back into your account, the last thing you will need to do on the HiSET website is to write down your ETS/Examinee #. This is located in the top right corner next to your name. It is a combination of letters and numbers. This is needed in order for you to schedule your test.
3. SCHEDULE YOUR TEST ON THE RISE WEBSITE
4. PAY THE HiSET FEE
- The fee is $78.75.
- Call RISE Academy at 775-337-9939 to pay over the phone.
- **YOU WILL NOT BE PUT ON THE TESTING SCHEDULE UNTIL THE FEE IS PAID**
- If you can only pay cash, please call us to get our office hours.
5. DAY OF TESTING
- Bring your VALID government issued ID. If you don't bring it, you will NOT be able to test.
- You are only allowed to bring your ID, your car keys & a water bottle. ALL THE OTHER BELONGINGS MUST BE LEFT AT HOME OR IN THE CAR. NO CELL PHONES!
- Masks are mandatory.
- Please arrive 15 prior to testing.
- If you are feeling ill, please reschedule your test. If you are exhibiting symptoms, you may be asked to leave & reschedule your test.