TMCC Dual Credit/Jump Start Steps of Enrollment
Spring 2022 class catalog opens Friday, October 15th. Please refer to the TMCC Dates and Deadlines page (https://www.tmcc.edu/admissions/dates-and-deadlines) for specific registration dates.
- The section number for the TMCC class offered onsite is: TBA (no TMCC classes on site for Spring 2022)
- Instructions on how to register: https://www.washoeschools.net/renohscounselors >dual credit
- Counselor approvals are ONLY done electronically
- Counselor’s will NOT be approving over the summer months
- Deadline to register for Fall 2022 (completely through TMCC) is May 21st
- Student will be enrolled in the RHS core class until counselor receives the approval form from TMCC
- Application workshops will be held via webinars (see flier on RHS Counseling Website > dual credit)
Prior to the Spring 2022 Semester, all students enrolling in classes at TMCC must submit proof of their vaccination status for COVID-19 or submit an allowable medical or religious exemption in order to register for classes. For more information: TMCC Vaccine Requirement
Exemptions will only be given for one of the following options:
- Documented medical condition
- Religious belief
- Jump Start students if they are attending classes physically located at their high school only
- Enrolling in fully remote/online courses or distance education
- Fees are STUDENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Payment to TMCC MUST be done by the end of the first and/or third quarter or student will be placed into a credit recovery class and as well as the second semester class (if applicable)
- Students MUST check their TMCC email- ALL communication on their part to student is through this email- account info in their acceptance letter
- RHS will only be offering English 101 (Fall) /102 (Spring) for the 2021-2022 school year
- English 101/102 are for SENIORS ONLY
- English 101 and Political Science NOT allowed second semester.
- Helpful tutorials to assist you in enrolling in a dual credit class
- Specific questions need to be addressed to JUMP START
- e. Holds, prerequisites and qualifications, transcripts, etc.
- 775-673-8236 or email@example.com
STEPS TO TAKE THE ACCUPLACER REMOTELY
- Register to take the Accuplacer on Registerblast.The test is free for first-time testers. There is a charge of $23.50 for retakes.
- The student will receive an email from Testing Services explaining the necessary technical requirements, how to download and use Zoom, and what materials are required and what materials and actions are prohibited during testing.
- On the day of the exam, a proctor will email the student with the Zoom meeting details.
- At test time, the proctor will host a testing session where the proctor will guide the student(s) through set up, then move students into individual breakout rooms where the proctor and the student can work one-on-one to get the student into the test.
- As student tests, the proctor will monitor progress through webcam and through Accuplacer. If students have technical issues or need assistance, they will be able to alert the proctor who can then enter the breakout room to help the student.
- When the student has completed the exam, the proctor will log-in and show them their test scores. Proctors will then email students immediately after the test with detailed instructions on how to access and print their Accuplacer scores. Scores will upload to the student's MyTMCC accounts within two hours of completion of the test.