Depoali Middle School Band Program - Daniel Barthel, Director
Tues, December 17: NO EARLY JAZZ BAND.
-Jazz will start at 7:30am this day and will not be a playing day.
See below for all band events scheduled for this school year! (19-20)
FULL LISTING OF CONCERTS/EVENTS FOR 19-20 SCHOOL YEAR
6th Grade Required Events
- Wednesday, 3/11/20: Zone Concert, 7:00PM (All-6:30 student arrival)- Damonte Ranch HS Gym
- Thursday 5/21/20: Spring Concert, 1:20pm- Depoali Gym
Intermediate/Advanced/Jazz Band Events (all are required unless indicated as optional)
- Sat, 2/8: Jazz Band Trip to UNR 'Jazz in the Schools' Event (8am-5pm)
- Wed, 3/4: Advanced Band trip to UNR for Clinic & Pizza Dinner! (11am-5:00pm)
- Thurs, 3/5: Intermediate Band After school Rehearsal & Pizza Dinner! (2-5:30pm)
- Fri/Sat, 3/6 & 3/7: WCSD Band Festival (times TBA, will only be one day for each group)
- Wed, 3/11: Zone Concert at Damonte (required for all except Jazz - 7pm, 6:30pm arrival time)
- Sat, 4/25: Reno Jazz Festival Field Trip to UNR (8am-5pm)
- Thurs, 4/30: Chaperone meeting for all Six Flags & Disney Trip chaperones (6:30pm)
- Sat, 5/2: Intermediate Band Six Flags Trip (6:00am-11:45pm)
- Tues, 5/5: Disney trip Full Group Meeting & Luggage Drop Off (6:30pm, required for all students attending the Disney Trip + one parent/guardian)
- Wed-Sat, May 6-9: Advanced Band Disney Trip!
- Thurs, 5/14: Spring Jazz Band Concert with Damonte (6pm in the Depoali Amphitheater - for Jazz students)
- Wed, 5/20: After School Intermediate Band Rehearsal (1:15-3:30pm)
- Thurs, 5/21: Intermediate & Advanced Band Spring Concerts (5:30 & 6:30pm)
6TH GRADE BAND - Friday Class
Friday, December 13th is an A Day for Electives (Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone)
BAND ABSENCE MAKE-UP WORK POLICY
If a student misses class they must make up the missed playing time by coming in at lunch or after school to practice or by practicing at home and video recording and then sending a link to the video upload to Mr. B (ex: private YouTube link). Students will practice their practice assignment as that is what we work on in class as well. The time required will be 20 minutes for missing a regular day or 40 minutes for a block day. Students have the amount of days absent plus one to complete the make-up work and have the absence cleared (per WCSD policy).
CHECK YOUR INFINITE CAMPUS MESSAGE SETTINGS
*Make sure your Infinite Campus settings allow teacher messages to go straight to your email. Mr. B uses this often for communication (as do many other teachers). Click here for instructions about how to make sure you have this setting enabled.