WCSD Middle School Honor Band & Honor Jazz Band
Information (music is posted towards the bottom of the page):
-Explanation of the Middle School Honor Bands:
- Intermediate Honor Band: a group for first year players only. Band Directors will nominate students to be part of this group. This used to be called our 6th Grade Honor Band but now we have opened it to all first year players.
- Advanced Honor Band: an auditioned group open to any middle school student as long as their director approves them to audition. This group will be selected from auditions that will be held on Dec 1 (more info in linked note below). This group is typically for 2nd or 3rd year players or 7th grade and above.
- Honor Jazz Band: open to any middle school student to audition for. This group is typically for 2nd or 3rd year players or 7th grade and above. If you don't have a jazz band at your school, you can still audition for this group.
-Intermediate Honor Info/Interest form (group for first year players)
-Advanced Honor Band Info (Auditioned Group)
ADVANCED HONOR BAND/JAZZ Registration (must register prior to auditions):
Required Forms to bring to auditions* (click each to download):
-Intermediate Honor Band Forms Pack (to complete once students are accepted into the group and then bring to the first rehearsal)
-Program Permission Form (Advanced/Jazz)
*Students will not be considered for acceptance if forms are not received on the day of auditions. Students only need one of each form even if they are auditioning for Honor Band and Honor Jazz.
Advanced Honor Band Audition Music
- Clarinet (high)
- Clarinet (low)
- Bass Clarinet
- Alto Clarinet / Contra- Alto Clarinet
- Alto Sax
- Tenor Sax
- Bari Sax
- Trumpet (high)
- Trumpet (low)
- Trombone/Euphonium/Baritone (high)
- Trombone/Euphonium/Baritone (low)
Honor Jazz Audition Music