Counseling Home Page
Galena AP Exam Administration 2021
Based on recent information/clarification with AP Services this morning, all students taking digital exams must complete "exam set up" on the computer they are going to test with 1-3 days before they take their AP exam. What this really means:
- any Galena student taking a digital exam AT SCHOOL on the exam day should use their own personal laptop. Students cannot "show up" on the day of the exam expecting to use a different computer/laptop here at Galena. Students testing at school will need to bring their personal laptop to school at some point before exam day to get connected to the guest wi-fi network AND on exam day. Please share this with your "testing at Galena on exam day" students.
- any Galena student taking a digital exam AT SCHOOL that does not have access to a laptop: Ms Dunne needs to know before May 4th so she can issue one.
It is the student's responsibility (whether testing at Galena OR at home) to:
BEFORE EXAM DAY:
- a) download and install the digital testing application on their testing device (the app is available and should be downloaded now)
- b) practice with example questions (this digital practice needs to happen BEFORE taking their test on exam day)
- c) complete the "exam set-up" in the digital testing app on the device they are going to test with 1-3 days before each AP exam
ON EXAM DAY:
- d) check-in (30 minutes before official start time) to their digital AP exam to complete final pre-exam checks. Students can only "check in" on the device they used to complete exam set up. Students testing on campus need to remember to bring their device to school on exam day and should arrive on campus at the time posted on the exam schedule!
- e) submit exam responses when the exam is over
Ms. Dunne needs to know what "at home on test day" students want to come to school to take their AP exam by Friday, May 7th.
Please continue to check this website regularly for AP exam administration updates
2021-22 Course Registration
- If you are a new student to the Washoe County School District for the 2021-22 school year, please email our registrar, Rosa Alvarez (Rosa.Alvarez@WashoeSchools.net), to receive enrollment and registration information first.
- All course selections are completed online by the student and parent/guardian. Galena counselors will not be scheduling individual registration meetings or appointments with incoming students. Please email your assigned counselor (listed below) with any registration concerns.
Registration Links Below:
- 2021-2022 Galena High School Course Registration
- This form is to be completed for students who will be attending Galena High School for the 2021-2022 school year. This form is intended to notify your counselor of which courses you would like to take for the 21-22 school year. Just because a course is selected here does not mean that you are guaranteed to be scheduled into that course.
- Incoming Freshman Registration Guidelines
- Incoming Freshman Class Registration Powerpoint
- Current Freshman and Sophomore Registration Guidelines
- Current Junior Registration Guidelines
- Core Course Sequencing Reference Sheet
- WCSD Graduation and Diploma/Seal Guide
- TMCC Dual Credit Steps for Enrollment General Information
- Grizzlies, think you have what it takes to be on the Ursae Majoris crew? It is time to start applications for next year’s Yearbook Staff! Please fill out the Microsoft Form link by March 31st. If you have any questions about the application process email Ms. Beall or drop by room 104.
Student and Crisis ResourcesResources/Apps for students to use in times of crisis or struggle
Crisis Support Services of Nevada Crisis Call CenterText CARE to 839863 or Call 775-784-8090Safe Voice - You can also report anything of concern on the Safe Voice App or by clicking above. There are trained professionals available to help get help and or resources to address your concerns.
Mental Health Resources
- Lifeline USA 1-800-273-8255
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-TALK (8255)
- De Prevencion del Suicido 1-888-628-9454
- Crisis Call Center- Text line - text “CARE” to 839863
- West Hills Hospital- Reno (775) 323-0478
- Crisis Support Services 775-784-8090
- Hotline: 877-885-HOPE (4673)
- Hotline: 800-992-5757
- Mobile Crisis Response Team Hotline 775-688-1670
- National Hopeline Network 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
Suicide Intervention and Resources: https://www.washoeschools.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=844