To qualify, students must either be a continuing Nevada Promise Scholarship recipient beginning with the class of 2018 or a high school graduate from the class of 2021+ applying for the first time.
- Be classified as a Nevada resident for tuition purposes by the instruction where they plan to receive the Nevada Promise Scholarship.
- Have earned one of the following during your high school senior academic year:
-High school diploma from a public or private high school located in Nevada; or
-High school diploma from a public high school in a county of another state that borders Nevada and accepts Nevada residents; or
-General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or equivalent document before 20 years of age, no later than June 15; or
-A homeschool student may satisfy this eligibility requirement by obtaining a general equivalency diploma or equivalent document (i.e. GED, HSET, or TASC) no later than June 15
- Not have earned prior associate or bachelors degree.
- Meet ALL program deadlines
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in an associate degree program, a bachelor's degree program or certificate of achievement program for each semester of the school year immediately following the school year in which the student graduates from high school.
Eligibility Requirements Include:
- apply on or before October 31
- enroll in at least 12 credits per semester
- have received a high school diploma or equivalent
- begin classes in the fall of 2024
- complete a Federal Financial Aid Application and its verification (FAFSA)
- complete at least 8 hours of community service
- work with a mentor during the program
- complete two trainings, which are available online
- not be in default on any federal student loan or owe a refund to any federal student aid program
- not have earned a prior college degree
APPLICATION (BY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.
For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.