Philosophy of the
Galena Athletic Department
Galena high School feels that athletics is a very important part of the educational experiences at the high school level. Within the framework of Galena High School’s philosophy, the Athletic Department is committed to:
- Provide a variety of positive experiences for all athletes in as many different sports as possible.
- Use athletics as a vehicle for athletes to:
- Promote higher self-esteem.
- Create a positive alternative for free time.
- Instill positive discipline and cooperation skills.
- Build confidence.
- Provide an avenue for athletes to develop a stronger physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being.
- Promote sportsmanship as the cornerstone of the athletic program.
Teresa Burrows - Assistant Principal email@example.com
Greg Sakelaris, Athletic Director Gsakelaris@washoeschools.net
Julie Schultz, Athletic Secretary JSchultz@washoeschools.net