SUMMER ATHLETIC INFORMATION LETTER - English
SUMMER ATHLETIC INFORMATION LETTER - Spanish
Philosophy of the
Galena Athletic Department
Galena high School feels that athletics is a very important part of the educational experiences at the high school level. Within the framework of Galena High School’s philosophy, the Athletic Department is committed to:
- Provide a variety of positive experiences for all athletes in as many different sports as possible.
- Use athletics as a vehicle for athletes to:
- Promote higher self-esteem.
- Create a positive alternative for free time.
- Instill positive discipline and cooperation skills.
- Build confidence.
- Provide an avenue for athletes to develop a stronger physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being.
- Promote sportsmanship as the cornerstone of the athletic program.
Brad Bodine - Assistant Principal
Greg Sakelaris, Athletic Director
Julie Schultz, Athletic Secretary
Forms and Information
Register My Athlete Instructions English
Register My Athlete Instructions Spanish
NIAA Physical Forms (New 3-2-2023)
Typically required for 1st & 3rd Year Athletes
(Physicals are good for 2 years from date of exam)
Interim Health Participation – Form E (New March 2023)
Typically required for 2nd & 4th Year Athletes
(Required if a physical is on file from previous year)