Galena Athletics Philosophy
At Galena High School, athletics is an important part of the educational experience. Within the framework of Galena High School’s philosophy, the Athletic Department is committed to:
- Provide a variety of positive experiences for all athletes in as many different sports as possible.
- Use athletics as a vehicle for athletes to:
- Promote higher self-esteem.
- Create a positive alternative for free time.
- Instill positive discipline and cooperation skills.
- Build confidence.
- Provide an avenue for athletes to develop a stronger physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being.
- Promote sportsmanship as the cornerstone of the athletic program.