The Nevada Promise Scholarship is offered annually and the application deadline is always October 31st. This scholarship has NO MINIMUM GPA, NO MINIMUM SAT/ACT SCORES, NO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION, NO ESSAYS. It can make a significant difference in the cost of community college and is offered at TMCC among other NV community colleges. Students must meet the program requirements to obtain the scholarship but the application must be submitted by Oct. 31st! Students should apply for this opportunity even if they're not sure what their post-high school plans are!!
2022-2023 Student Eligibility
To qualify, students must either be a continuing Nevada Promise Scholarship eligible participant beginning with the class of 2020 or a high school graduate from the class of 2023 applying for the first time.
- Be classified as a Nevada resident for tuition purposes by the institution where they plan to receive the Nevada Promise Scholarship.
- Have earned one of the following during your high school senior academic year:
- High school diploma from a public or private high school located in Nevada;
- High school diploma from a public high school in a county of another state that borders Nevada and accepts Nevada residents; or
- General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or equivalent document before 20 years of age no later than June 15.
- A homeschooled student may satisfy this eligibility requirement by obtaining a general equivalency diploma or equivalent document (i.e. GED, HiSET or TASC) no later than June 15.
- Not have earned a prior associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Meet all program deadlines. (Please read the “Steps to Earn TMCC's Nevada Promise Scholarship” section below for a full list.)
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in an associate degree program, a bachelor's degree program or a certificate of achievement program for each semester of the school year immediately following the school year in which the student graduates from high school.
Steps to Earn TMCC's Nevada Promise Scholarship
Each step listed below is mandatory. It cannot be emphasized enough that failure to complete all requirements prior to each deadline will result in loss of scholarship eligibility.
- Complete the Nevada Promise Scholarship Application
- Complete a Nevada Promise Program Training
- Apply for Admission
- Complete a FAFSA
- Learn About Your Placement Options
New students have many options for placement testing : ACT or SAT scores, a qualifying high school GPA and AP scores. Scores must be less than two years old. You can submit official copies of your ACT and/or SAT scores to the Admissions and Records Office. Recent high school graduates may place using alternate pathways, using their high school coursework to qualify.
- Complete New Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR Part I and II)
- Meet with Your Assigned Mentor
- Complete Your Financial Aid File (To-Do List)
- Complete and Report Community Service Hours
- Register for Classes
You must register for at least 12 credits that are required for your certificate or degree program at TMCC.
For information, check out the TMCC WEBSITE!