Swope Middle School Bands
Welcome to Band! My name is Mr. Wood. I have taught band for 13 years and am excited to work with you this year. In band you will learn how to master a musical instrument and play together with your friends, but band is so much more! You get to be part of something that's bigger than yourself, you get to feel a sense of ownership of something at school, you get to have fun, and you get to participate in an art form that helps us navigate the human experience!
BAND BEGINNING OF THE YEAR "TO DO" LIST
- Read the Band Handbook (the handbook can be found on the Useful Band Documents and Links webpage)
- Complete the 'Beginning of the Year' Form by Friday, August 18. This form includes:
- Band Class Agreement (to complete after reading the Handbook)
- Needed student information
- School Instrument Rental Request Form (for those wanting to rent an instrument from the school)
- Order the needed supplies for your child’s instrument. You can see the supply list in the Band Handbook and order the supplies yourself from a local or online vendor. If obtaining these supplies is financially out of reach, please don't hesitate to email me. I will make sure that you have everything you need.
- Set your Infinite Campus Message Settings to push teacher messages to email. Most teachers use Infinite Campus as the primary means of communication with families. Instructions for this can be found here.
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.