- The North Valleys Panther Library empowers students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, ethical users and creators of information.
- Reading is a unique window to the world that opens endless possibilities of critical thinking and thriving relationships.
- Inquiry provides a solid foundation/framework for lifelong learning.
- Collaboration between the library and patrons (staff, teachers, students, community members) is essential for vibrant and worthwhile learning experiences.
ACCESS DESTINY DISCOVER
Follow this link to access eBooks and your Destiny (NVHS Library) account.
Follow this link to look up books from home!
- Students may check out books for three weeks.
- ID is required to check out books and computers.
- Students MUST have the internet use marked on their ID card before checking out a computer.
- Fines are assessed at $.10 per day.
- Library materials are not automatically renewed.
- Students may have one book checked out to them when they have fines or overdue books.
GREAT READING LINKS
Library Spot http://www.libraryspot.com
Book Spot http://www.bookspot.com
AR Book Finder http://www.arbookfind.com
GREAT RESEARCH LINKS
Online Nevada Encyclopedia http://www.onlinenevada.org
LINKS TO OTHER LIBRARIES
UNR Libraries https://library.unr.edu/
Library of Congress http://www.loc.gov/index.html
Washoe County Library http://www.washoecounty.us/library
GREAT RESOURCES FOR RESEARCH
CIA Factbook http://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook
Lonely Planet http://www.lonelyplanet.com
CITE YOUR SOURCES
APA, MLA, Chicago scientific, citation creators
(Look at the library website for TMCC and connect to OWL pages at Purdue)
ONLINE DATABASES (See the Library foer the student login and password for each)
Use for: American Government
World History/Ancient, Medieval, & Modern Era
United States at War
Use for: Magazine, Periodicals, Newspapers, Student Research Center, Encyclopedia of Animals, General Science Collection, Revistas en Ingles con Traductor a Espanol, Health Source: Nursing/Academic ed./Consumer Searchosaurus, Professional Journals/ERIC
EBSCO Points of View