• Attendance

    For information on the new WCSD Attendance Policy, with changes required by NRS, click here.

      *New attendance tool for families*

    • Starting in the 2022-23 school year, parents can report their student’s absence using the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.

    • The new tool allows families to report scheduled or unscheduled absences, as well as inform school staff that their students are late or leaving early.

    • It sends a notification to attendance staff to approve/deny/request more information.

    • This new tool will reduce the number of calls due to attendance and streamline the absence reporting process.

    • Parents are still able to call in to report absences.

    Emailing a Reason for an Absence:

    Absences may be reported by email. Please email BLPerryman@washoeschools.net and include all of the following criteria:

    • Your student's name
    • Student birthdate
    • Date of absence
    • Length of absence
    • The reason for the absence

    Changes will be made in Infinite Campus when the email is processed. 


    Calling in an Absence:

    To contact the Attendance Office, call 775-321-3110. Voicemail is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please leave a message with your

    • Student's name
    • Date of birth,
    • Date and length of the absence
    • Reason for the absence: 
    • Your contact information.
    • Changes will be made in Infinite Campus when the absence is processed. 

    Picking Up a Student:

    When you need to pick up your student early from school, please be aware of the following procedures:

    • You may call in advance to have your student waiting for you when you arrive.                                                            Please call the Attendance Office at 775-321-3110 with the exact time and reason your student needs to be dismissed. 
    • You may come in to the Attendance Office to pick up your student. You will be required to show your ID on arrival. Please allow enough time for us to send for your student as it is difficult to send for a student during passing time or during lunch. 

    -ONLY LEGAL GUARDIANS can pick up a student. Anyone other than a guardian will need to have the guardian contact the attendance office in advance to give permission for the student to be released. If the person picking up the student does so on a regular basis and is not the legal guardian, there is a form that can be completed giving permission for the student to be released with another adult. This form is valid only for the current school year and will need to be signed and turned in by the legal guardian.



    Reed High School no longer handles the DMV certificate of attendance required by the DMV. You must get the information from the Washoe County School District. 

    Please go to this link on the Washoe County School District website to fill out the form: Application for DMV Certification Form

    If you have questions, please call the WCSD at 775-861-4428, Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.