Our structure follows the American School Counselor Association National Model.
We envision Vaughn students as thinkers who are ready for the opportunities of post-secondary training/education, employment, career and community.
We provide a comprehensive school counseling program that promotes and enhances our students' academic, career, and social-emotional development. Working with families and staff, school counselors advocate for equity, access and success for all students.
Professional School Counselors keep information confidential unless disclosure is required to prevent clear and imminent danger to the student or others or when legal requirements demand that confidential information be revealed. (ASCA, A.2, Ethical Standards)
Referals to resources beyond the school district are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Washoe County School District of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual.
Services at Vaughn
- Career Development: Research and Planning
- 8th grade Career Expo
- Student self-management of data: Using Infinite Campus
- Peaceful Leaders
- Acknowledge, Care and Tell a Trusted Adult: Suicide awareness
- Coordination with school-wide SEL--Social Emotional Learning
- School transition assistance
- Academic advising and scheduling support
- Student-led conferences
- Student and family advocates
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Crisis support
- Community referrals and resources
- Coordination with school-wide PBIS--Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- MTSS support to reinforce academic and behavioral interventions.
- IEP and 504 support
- Coordination of recognition and awards
- Collaboration for Intersessions
- Collaboration with staff professional development
- Data nights
- Home visits