Sky Ranch 6th Grade Washoe Base Expectations
Mrs. Becker & Mrs. Petross
2022 - 2023
Name: _____________________________________________ Period: ____________ Date: _____________
Students and parents, please initial next to each number stating that you understand the expectations.
1. Entering Class_________________
- When entering the classroom, you will go to your seat immediately, read and/or start the warmup and put your items under your desk.
- You must be in your seat when the bell rings and work on the warm up. If you are not, the progressive discipline process will be implemented.
- The door will be closed upon the tardy bell. If you are late, you must report to the front office for a tardy pass. Simply, be on time.
- Come prepared. Learning time is lost when you are not prepared to start the lesson. This means you need your computer, notebooks, reading book, and pen/pencil. If you need supplies, problem solve to get what you need before class begins.
2. During Class: _________________
- Raise your hand when you have a question or want to participate.
- Work quietly during individual work.
- Work cooperatively during group work.
- Work the entire class period.
- Stay in your seat while the teacher is instructing/ facilitating activities.
- Behave in a manner that does not distract from the class.
3. Exiting Class: _________________
- The bell is a signal, to teachers, class time is over. This means your teacher will let you know when you can leave.
- Take everything with you when you leave.
- Pick up all trash around your desk area.
- Push in your chair.
4. Assignments on Microsoft TEAMS: _________________
- Finding assignments:
- Click on the correct TEAM you have an assignment for
- Select assignments
- Find the assignment name
5. When to get missing/absent work: ___________________
- If you have been absent, check TEAMS for your assignments (see number 4)
- If you do not understand what you missed, please see us during enrichment, before school, or after school.
- You have as many days as you were absent plus one to complete absent work.
6. How to turn in absent or missing/late work: _________________
- Paper Assignments: It is the student’s responsibility to turn the assignment into the teacher.
- Digital Assignments: You can submit these anytime. If it has been MORE than a week and it has not been graded, please see your teacher at lunch.
8. Things to Know: ________________
- Passes will not be allowed during the first or last ten minutes of class. Passes should only be used for an emergency.
- When the class is walking in the hallway, you are quiet, on the right side, and in a straight line.
- Cell phones should remain in your bag on silent/off. If it is seen in the possession of a student during class time, the progressive discipline plan will be followed.
9. Retake Assessments: _________________
- To take a retake assessment, you cannot have missing assignments from the unit. You must also complete the re-take expectations; these will be determined after the assessment has been given.
- You have two weeks from the original quiz/test date to make up missing quizzes or tests or redo a test.
- For ELA: major projects and essays must be turned in on time. If you turn one in late, you will lose 10% per day and you will not have the opportunity to redo the project or essay.
- Retakes will be taken during Global Citizenship class.
- It is the student’s responsibility to let the Global Citizenship teacher know he/she has a retake.
- If a student does not take an assessment on the day it is due, the student may take the test late, but will not have an opportunity for a retake unless the student has an excused absence.
10. Grading Rubric: ________________
59 or Below
5 or below
11. Late Work: _________________
- Work will be accepted up to two weeks past the due date
- Each day the assignment is late, you will lose 10% off the grade
12. Notebooks: ___________________
- One 3-ring binder with paper and dividers is required for the entire year for ELA and Social Studies.
- Two notebooks (composition) are required for the entire year for Math and Science.
- This is where all notes will be taken and referred to through the year.
- One 1” 3 ring binder is required for Math.
13. Independent Reading for Book Clubs: ___________________
- Students will participate in Book Clubs throughout the year.
- Students will choose a book from a theme
- Students will read for 30 minutes each day outside of school and complete a Book Club Preparation log each night
- Students will meet in groups to discuss their books regularly, and they will complete a project for an assessment grade when they finish the book.
14. Homework: ____________________
- You are required to read for 30 minutes Monday-Friday.
- Occasionally you will have social studies and ELA homework if you do not finish in class.
- You are required to complete your math homework nightly.
- Occasionally you will have science homework if you do not finish in class.
- Total homework should be around 1 hour each night.
15. Communication: ________________
- Assignments will be written on the whiteboard daily.
- You are expected to copy down assignments in your planners.
- It is your responsibility to check Infinite Campus weekly during Enrichment for your grades.
- You will have weekly academic and behavior grades.
- We send parent emails monthly.
- If you ever have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us.
16. Progressive Discipline Plan: ________________
- Step 1-Warning-restate expectation
- Step 2-Re-teach the expectation
- Step 3-Move seat. Phone call home. Minor behavior write-up in IC.
- Step 4-Removal from class to solo-seat. Student reflection form. Phone call home. Major behavior write-up in IC.
- If behavior continues and/or the behavior is severe, students take an immediate trip to the office. Phone call home. Major behavior write-up in IC. Consequences in place such as: detention, work crew, and suspension.
Student Signature Date