Local Music Stores and Rental Options
-At the bottom of this page is an explanation of how to go about renting/purchasing an instrument. Email Mr. Scarbrough with any questions.
-The vendors listed below all have instrument rental programs. Please check out their rates and consider getting your instrument and supplies from them.
8175 S. Virginia (in Scholari's Shopping center by In & Out)
Blue Note B's Horn Shop
1525 Oddie Blvd (Sparks)
Carpenter's Music World
2700 S. Virginia St.
Carpenter's Music - Website
JamPro Music Factory
9300 Prototype Dr.
MUSIC AND ARTS AFFILIATES:
Music & Arts
Online rental (delivers to home or school)
6663 S. Virginia St.
4690 Longley Lane, Suite 1
“The Washoe County School District or the Board of Trustees neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this document. The distribution of this material is provided as a community service.”
Band Instrument Rental/Purchase Procedures
It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that families purchase/rent their own instrument from a local music store or online retailer. School instrument supply is extremely limited and families in the FRL program and returning students with specialized instruments (tenor/bari sax, subas, etc.) will take priority. If a student must rent a school instrument, there is a $50 rental fee. Payments can be made using cash or check (made out to MHMS Band). Payment options are available.
- Rent-to-own from a local music store (or online). Prices: $30-45/month for flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet and trombone.
- Purchase from a local music store or online (do not recommend this option for beginners). If you are going to purchase, Mr. Scarbrough is happy to give input about instrument quality and price.
- School Instrument rentals are available at $50 per instrument for the school year. This fee is required of percussionists at $50 per year. Limited inventory on popular instruments (trumpets, trombones, clarinets, flutes, alto saxophone). School instruments are prioritized first for those on the Free & Reduced Lunch list. Larger instruments such as Baritone Saxophones, Tubas, and Percussion are available through the school. Click Here to submit a school instrument rental application
- Music Stores: Families review prices from different stores and then go in to rent
- School–owned instruments: Parents who are in need of a school instrument submit a School Rental Application. Instruments are distributed on first come first serve basis, but prioritzed for those in the FRL program. For all school-owned instruments, Mr. Scarbrough will then send home a rental contract. Students will not receive school instruments unless Mr. Scarbrough has received contract and payment for each instrument. Each instrument has a required $50 rental fee. PLEASE NOTE: All percussionists must pay a rental fee of $50 for school instrument maintenance and sticks/mallet purchases. Click here to submit a school instrument rental application