What is positive behavioral intervention & supports (PBIS)?
PBIS is part of the multi-tiered system of supports that:
- provides early behavioral help, rather than waiting for a student to fail;
- provides school-wide expectations that are explictly taught and expected behaviors are positively reinforced;
- provides an improved way for school teams to meet the individual needs of your child;
- provides instruction at different levels or tiers depending on the needs of each student; and
- is available to all students to help them succeed and to increase student achievement.