Local Music Stores/Rental Options
-At the bottom of this page is an explanation of how to go about renting/purchasing an instrument. Email Mr. Scarbrough with any questions.
-The vendors listed below all have instrument rental programs. Please check out their rates and consider getting your instrument and supplies from them.
8175 S. Virginia (in Scholari's Shopping center by In & Out)
Blue Note B's Horn Shop
1155 West 4th ST, STE 118 (Reno) AND 1525 Oddie Blvd (Sparks)
Carpenter's Music World
2700 S. Virginia St.
Carpenter's Music - Website
JamPro Music Factory
9300 Prototype Dr.
MUSIC AND ARTS AFFILIATES:
Music & Arts
Online rental (delivers to home or school)
6663 S. Virginia St.
4690 Longley Lane, Suite 1
“The Washoe County School District or the Board of Trustees neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this document. The distribution of this material is provided as a community service.”
Band Instrument Rental/Purchase Procedures 2018-2019
- Rent-to-own from a local music store (or online). Prices: $30-45/month for flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet and trombone.
- Purchase from a local music store or online (do not recommend this option for beginners). If you are going to purchase, Mr. Scarbrough is happy to give input about instrument quality and price.
- School Instrument rentals are available at $50 for the school year. Limited inventory on popular instruments (trumpets, trombones, clarinets, flutes, alto saxophone). These instruments reserved first for those on the Free & Reduced Lunch list as per district policy. Larger instruments such as Baritone Saxophones, Tubas, and Percussion are available through the school.
- Music Stores: Families review prices from different stores and then go in to rent
- School–owned instruments: Parents who are in need of a school instrument submit a School Rental Application (attached). Instruments are distributed on first come first serve basis. For all school-owned instruments, Mr. Scarbrough will then send home a rental contract. Students will not receive school instruments unless Mr. Scarbrough has received contract and payment. Each instrument has a required $50 rental fee. PLEASE NOTE: All percussionists must pay a rental fee of $50 for school instrument maintenance and sticks/mallet purchases