TMCC High School is a middle college high school for motivated students. Degree-seeking tenth, eleventh and twelfth grade students take classes at the Dandini campus. Students are dual enrolled in college and high school, taking classes at both levels. The dual enrollment opportunity allows students to progress toward earning an associate degree or a technical certificate upon high school graduation.
At this time we are no longer taking applications for the 2021-2022 school year.
• January 4, 2021 – February 26, 2021: Application submission
• March 1, 2021 – March 5, 2021: Application review
o Review criteria includes grades, attendance, credit attainment, submission of writing sample and submission of recommendations
• March 10, 2021 – March 12, 2021: Notification of conditional acceptance
• March 15, 2021 – April 16, 2021: Completion of application to TMCC, complete Next Generation Accuplacer in English and Math, personal interview
• April 19, 2021 – April 23, 2021: Notification of acceptance
o Acceptance is contingent upon availability, admission to TMCC and the Next Generation Accuplacer placement scores (Students must score 263 or higher in the Next-Generation Quantitative reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics Acccuplacer and 228 or higher in the Next-Generation Reading Accuplacer to be eligible to attend TMCC High School. Students will email Accuplacer results to TMCCHigh@washoeschools.net or bring the results to the office in Red Mountain Building, room 314).
• April 21, 2021 - May 5, 2021: Sophomore & Junior Orientation. Junior Class registration for new students.
Acceptance to TMCC High School is a multistep process. If a student is conditionally accepted, the student must meet all of the requirements to be fully accepted into the program
Completed application requires the following:
1. Completed application
2. Recommendations have been requested. Students will send the link to their teacher/counselor to complete the online form. The recommendations need to be completed by February 26, 2021.
• If your GPA is 3.5-4.0, please submit one core (English, Math, or Science) teacher recommendation; the counselor recommendation is optional.
• If your GPA is 3.5 and lower, please submit a minimum of two core teacher recommendations and one from your counselor.
• If you are a sophomore applicant, submit two core (English, Math, or Science) teacher recommendations and one counselor recommendation.
Students receiving Special Education services:
After acceptance, the student's IEP Team must meet to review change of placement. The meeting will include the zoned high school IEP team and the TMCC High School team.
Students who have a current 504 will supply a copy of the 504 Plan after acceptance.
FOR STUDENTS NOT CURRENTLY ENROLLED in Washoe County School District
The following additional Information MUST be submitted prior to the application deadline:
1. Current unofficial high school transcript (must include current fall semester grades).
2. Discipline and attendance records from current high school
Applications will not be processed until all documentation is received. If this occurs after the deadline date, applications will be processed in MARCH as part of the late application process.
Mail, fax or email this information to:
TMCC High School
7000 Dandini Blvd. RDMT 314
Reno, NV 89512
**Please attach a note that you have completed an online application**
Applications will be reviewed according to the following:
Students must meet the criteria in EACH of the following areas to be considered eligible:
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (higher is recommended)
• Cannot be credit deficient
• Attendance: Regular school attendance (a minimum 90% is recommended)
All student qualification is considered provisional, dependent upon final grades, attendance, credit accrual, test scores, and behavior.
*Information to determine eligibility will be taken from WCSD Infinite Campus records.