DRHS Band Parents
The Parents sections is dedicated to information for parents regarding DRHS Band program. Check out the site frequently for the latest information and news. Support your kids and the DRHS Band program by volunteering for the many band events, activities and fundraisers held throughout the school year.
Non-profit Volunteer Opportunities
Parent help is always needed, so please volunteer regularly. Some parents don’t because their child does not want them, well we do! There is always something to be done – so every parent is capable to help. Make sure you are getting regular emails through Charms. The charms calendar has volunteer requests and signups. All emails are sent through Charms. You can create adult contacts for your student. Charms login: charmsoffice.com, School: DamonteRanchBand, Passcode: your student’s school ID #. Make sure your email address and telephone number are correct. If you still are not getting emails, please contact email@example.com and we will get that taken care of.
Many service opportunities exist for parents – here’s a few:
- Providing Food & Care – At certain times and events, meals are provided to the band. Parents are asked to cook, buy, or serve and donate items.
- Costume Making – Typically, we work during rehearsal times at the start of Marching and Winter seasons. Parents meet in the band room. There are many things that need to be done; cutting fabric, machine and hand sewing, ironing and other easy tasks. Experience is helpful, but not required!
- Show Equipment – Parents are needed to build and create props. Each show requires set props to enhance the performance. These props need to be built, stored, moved and transported. The DRHS Band Trailer requires at least a ¾ ton truck to tow. We also need drivers with a Class A, semi driver’s license to drive a semi-truck and trailer. Let us know if you can help.
- Drivers – Parents are needed to chaperone students on the Band Days.
- Chaperones – Parents are needed to ride the bus for events that require transportation and be available to assist students throughout the event.
*****PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW YOU CAN HELP! Parent involvement is crucial to the success of our students! *****