North Star Attendance
The State of Nevada mandates that every student shows progress in every class every week. Students are also expected to complete the weekly assigned coursework on their calendars for attendance compliance.
775-353-6907 or email
- Attendance is documented weekly, not daily.
- The school week is Saturday to Friday.
- A parent must call, email, or webmail the attendance office with reasons for absence within three days of an absence.
- Vacations taken during the school year, hospitalization or unexpected trips must be reported to the Attendance Office. Extended trips out of the area must also be discussed with teachers so that there is a plan in place for students to be successful with their classes during an absence.
- Students who do not make progress will be marked absent for the entire week.
- Attendance is recorded per course. Attendance letters will be sent to parents to indicate failure to comply with the mandated State Attendance Policy. If a student receives three letters, the parents and student will be required to meet with the principal, counselor, and teachers.
- A student must earn at least a 90% attendance rate or they will not receive credit for the class, per Washoe County School District policy.
- Completing one lesson per week in each class will satisfy the attendance requirements, but does not guarantee the student will remain on track.
- A student may work ahead before they will be unable to attend class and if the student communicates (one phone call or three webmails) to their teachers they will not be considered absent from their classes.