Applying to North Star Online School
Are you ready to be a virtual student? Take a Readiness Survey and Find Out.
If your point score is between:
- 72-61: You are a great candidate for virtual education.
- 60-50: You are definitely a potential candidate for online education; we’d love to talk to you.
- 49-24: We recommend you talk with your school counselor about your survey results to determine if online learning is a good choice for you.
Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year is now open!
Applications for 2020-2021 Fall Semester will be accepted after watching the Information Session presentation video and answering the questionnaire.
Applications are date stamped, reviewed and accepted on a first come first serve process. If we reach capacity we will stop taking new application. Any applications already received will be held and called in received order if a space becomes available during the allotted enrollment period.
Application FAQs click HERE
Only completed applications will be accepted. Do not withdraw from your current school unless you receive notification that you have been accepted into North Star Online School. Students and parents should follow the following process when applying to North Star Online School.1. Student and a Guardian must watch the North Star Information Session Presentation and answer the questionnaire
2. Download and Complete a North Star Online School Application.3. Students Must be Registered with the Washoe County School District (WCSD)
- An application cannot be submitted without watching the North Star Online School information session presentation.
- Students not currently enrolled in a Washoe County School District school are asked to submit transcript from their previous school.
4. Students living outside the Washoe County School District may no longer apply for a Student Variance to attend North Star Online School.
- Students who are currently enrolled and students who are new to WCSD need to complete the districts online registration. Please click HERE for more information about registering.
5. Submit completed application and all supporting materials to North Star. Call North Star at 775-353-6900 with any questions.
- Due to changes in the Department of Education’s policy for distance learning (online school), we can no longer take variances.
Mail to: North Star Online School
5450 Riggins Ct. Suite 6
Reno, NV 89502Fax to: 775-689-2537Email to: email@example.com