Thank you for your interest in North Star Online School.
Enrollment for the 20-21 school year is closed.
Due to Covid-19 there is no concurrent enrollment at zoned schools.
Applying to North Star Online School
Are you ready to be a virtual student? Take a Readiness Survey and Find Out.
If your point score is between:
- 72-61: You are a great candidate for virtual education.
- 60-50: You are definitely a potential candidate for online education; we’d love to talk to you.
- 49-24: We recommend you talk with your school counselor about your survey results to determine if online learning is a good choice for you.
Enrollment for 2020-2021 fall semester
Application FAQs click HERE
Only completed applications will be accepted. Do not withdraw from your current school unless you receive notification that you have been accepted into North Star Online School. Students and parents should follow the following process when applying to North Star Online School.
In order to be processed, your completed application must be submitted as one attachment via e-mail or fax, or dropped off/mailed to 5450 Riggins Court. Suite 6, Reno, NV 89502. All applications are being processed as soon as possible, however there might be delays related to COVID-19.1. Student and a Guardian must watch the North Star Information Session Presentation and answer the questionnaire
2. Download and Complete a North Star Online School Application.3. Students Must be Registered with the Washoe County School District (WCSD)
- An application cannot be submitted without watching the North Star Online School information session presentation and completing the questionnaire.
- Students not currently enrolled in a Washoe County School District school are asked to submit transcript from their previous school.
4. Students living outside the Washoe County School District may no longer apply for a Student Variance to attend North Star Online School.
- Students who are currently enrolled and students who are new to WCSD need to complete the districts online registration. Please click HERE for more information about registering.
5. Submit completed application and all supporting materials to North Star. It is important that you send all pages of the application, and all supporting documents together. Applications will be dated on the date all documents are received.
- Due to changes in the Department of Education’s policy for distance learning (online school), we can no longer take variances.
Mail to: North Star Online School
5450 Riggins Ct. Suite 6
Reno, NV 89502Fax to: 775-689-2537If emailing, please be sure to send entire application and all supporting documents as one attachment, and not in multiple emails. Applications will be dated on the date all documents are received.