Applying to North Star Online School
Are you ready to be a virtual student? Take a Readiness Survey and Find Out.
Are you a good online student candidate? Take our Online Readiness Survey and find out!
If your point score is between:
- 72-61: You are a great candidate for a virtual education.
- 60-50: You are definitely a potential candidate for an online education; we’d love to talk to you.
- 49-24: We recommend you talk with your school counselor about your survey results to determine if online learning is a good choice for you.
- FIRST: Schedule and attend an Information Session by calling 353-6900
- SECOND: Turn in a completed application (See #2 below)
Applications for 2019-20 Fall Semester will be accepted after attending an Information Session. You may turn in your application the same day you attend an Information Session or after both student and parent/guardian have attended an Information Session but not before.
Please call 353-6900 to schedule a date and time to reserve seats for an Information Sesseion. You can find the dates and times for Information Sessions on our "School Calendar".
Only complete applications will be accepted. Do not withdraw from your current school unless you receive notification that you have been accepted into North Star Online School. Students and parents should follow the following process when applying to North Star Online School.1. Student and a Guardian Must Attend a North Star Information Session
2. Download and Complete a North Star Online School Application (or pick one up at the school)Application for all grades (K-12) for the 2019-2020 Fall Semester, please click HERE3. Students Must be Registered with the Washoe County School District (WCSD)
- An application cannot be submitted without the student and parent attending a North Star Online School information session. Please contact North Star at 775-353-6900 for session scheduling. At the information session you will be given an overview of the school and the opportunity to ask questions.
- Students not currently enrolled in a Washoe County School District school are asked to bring a transcript from their previous school.
4. Students living outside the Washoe County School District may no longer apply for a Student Variance to attend North Star Online School.
- Students who are currently enrolled and students who are new to WCSD both need to register with the District. Please click HERE for more information about registering.
5. Submit completed application and all supporting materials to North Star. Call North Star at 775-353-6900 with any questions.
- Due to changes in the Department of Education’s policy for distance learning (online school) we can no longer take variances.
Mail to: North Star Online School
5450 Riggins Ct. Suite 6
Reno, NV 89502Fax to: 775-689-2537Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org