Applying to North Star Online School
Are you ready to be a virtual student? Take a Readiness Survey and Find Out.
Are you a good online student candidate? Take our Online Readiness Survey and find out!
If your point score is between:
- 72-61: You are a great candidate for a virtual education.
- 60-50: You are definitely a potential candidate for an online education; we’d love to talk to you.
- 49-24: We recommend you talk with your school counselor about your survey results to determine if online learning is a good choice for you.
Application ProcessApplications for 2019 Fall Semester will be accepted beginning in May, dates TBD.Please see our "School Calendar" in April for dates and times of information sessons in May and June.Applications for Spring Semester will be accepted from 11/26/18 until 1/11/19.Please see our "School Calendar" for dates and times of information sessions from 11/26/18 to 01/10/18.
Only complete applications will be accepted. Do not withdraw from your current school unless you receive notification that you have been accepted into North Star Online School. Students and parents should follow the following process when applying to North Star Online School.1. Student and a Guardian Must Attend a North Star Information Session
2. Download and Complete a North Star Online School Application (or pick one up at the school)Application for the 2018-2019 Spring Semester, please click hereAlso, download and Complete a Course Selection sheet to turn in with the application, click hereApplication in Spanish for the 2018-19 Spring Semester, click hereAlso, download and Complete a Course Selection sheet to turn in with the application, click here
- An application cannot be approved without the student and parent attending a North Star Online School information session. Please contact North Star at 775-353-6900 for session scheduling. At the information session you will be given an overview of the school and the opportunity to ask questions.
- Students not currently enrolled in a Washoe County School District school are asked to bring a transcript from their previous school.
3. Students Must be Registered with the Washoe County School District (WCSD)
4. Students Living Out of the District (only) Need to Apply for a Student Variance
- Students who are currently enrolled and students who are new to WCSD both need to register with the District.
- Parents of student already attending a WCSD school, can access registration through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Click below for more information about the student(s) you are registering.
5. Submit completed application and all supporting materials to North Star. Call North Star at 775-353-6900 with any questions.
- Nevada students living outside of Washoe County or students living in an adjoining state whose school district of residence adjoins with the Washoe County School District must also apply for a student variance.
- Students living in the Washoe County School District DO NOT need to apply for a variance.
Mail to: North Star Online School
5450 Riggins Ct. Suite 6
Reno, NV 89502Fax to: 775-689-2537Email to: email@example.com