Thank you for your interest in North Star Online School.
Before enrolling at North Star Online School, please read the documents below and visit our FAQ page.
Gracias por su interés en North Star Online
Antes de inscribirse en North Star Online, lea los documentos a continuación
Registration/Enrollment Process (For Fall 2022)Note: This registration/enrollment process is for students who will be NEW to North Star Online School. Current North Star Students should follow the instructions linked at the bottom of this page.Open enrollment is closed for Fall 2022. Please refer to the steps below if you already completed WCSD Registration and the North Star pre-registration form.The following steps must be completed as part of the registration and enrollment process for North Star Online School:
- Completion of the Washoe County School District Online Registration: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/10776. This should be completed PRIOR to completing this pre-registration form. If you are a current WCSD family and need help with your login, please contact your student's current school.
- Completion of the online pre-registration form (including submitting required documents).
- Parent/guardian AND student attending a North Star Orientation Session. See the North Star website for specific dates and times. Failure to complete steps one through three will result in a student not being eligible to attend North Star.
- Students registering for grades 9-12 must visit the North Star Counseling Webpage (https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/11113) and complete the course selection process prior to attending a North Star Orientation Session.
- Students are required to attend a virtual meeting with their assigned North Star teacher on the first day of the semester in order to be fully enrolled at North Star Online School. Failure to attend this meeting on the first day of the semester may result in a student not being eligible to attend North Star.
Document Submission: Please remember that the pre-registration form will not be processed without the submission of the required documents. Options for submission:
- Scan/Email: NorthStar@washoeschools.net
- Fax: 775-689-2537
- Mail/Physical drop-off: North Star Online School, 5450 Riggins Court Suite 6, Reno, NV 89502
North Star Orientation Sessions: Wednesday, May 25 (9:00 AM or 6:00 PM); Wednesday, June 15 (9:00 AM or 6:00 PM). These will be virtual orientations facilitated via Zoom. A link will be emailed to families who complete the pre-registration process.
Are you ready to be a virtual student? Take a Readiness Survey and Find Out.
If your point score is between:
22-23 Instructions for current North Star Students: CLICK HERE
- 72-61: You are a great candidate for virtual education.
- 60-50: You are definitely a potential candidate for online education; we’d love to talk to you.
- 49-24: We recommend you talk with your school counselor about your survey results to determine if online learning is a good choice for you.