The Library Rocks!
The Library is the perfect place to find what you're looking for whether it's a book, a computer or laptop to use, research assistance, help navigating Destiny or databases, assistance with technology tools, guidance with coursework, materials for projects, a chill work space, or simply a place to be. We're here for you, whatever you need!
DESTINY HAS WHAT YOU NEED
Just a couple of clicks away on Destiny...
- Books can be searched for and held for pick up and ebooks can be checked out on the spot to read on a computer or other personal device.
- Databases can be accessed for free using logins and passwords provided in the library.
- Useful educational links of all kinds can be found on the Home page of Destiny as well.
- Test Prep for AP, PSAT, ACT, etc. can be found through the database Learning Express (Destiny Homepage.) Just create an account, choose "All Centers" at the top, then "College Preparation."
Click on the "Access Follett Destiny" widget on this page to access books and more. You can search and access the links on the Home Page without logging in, but if you would like to be able to view your account, check out ebooks, place holds, make lists, create a collection of resources in Destiny Collections, etc., you'll want to log in using instructions below :)
- Your login for Destiny is your ID#
- Your password is your last name (all lower case) Remember! Your last name should be entered exactly as it is shown in Infinite Campus, eg: if your last name is Jones, it will be entered as jones. If it is Smith-Jones, it will be entered as smith-jones. See Ms. Howden with any issues and we'll figure it out :)
GOOD TO KNOW: LIBRARY POLICIES
- Books check out for 3 weeks, renew as much as you like if you need it/them longer :)
- There is a 10 day grace period before a .10 per day late fee kicks in - days 1-9 there will be no fine, but on day 10, the fines are calculated from the day the book was late. The maximum fine is $2.00 per book.
- Books are marked lost after 120 days of being late. This charges you the replacement cost of the book. If you return the book, you will not be charged the replacement fee, but if you actually did lose it, replacing the book is expected. You can do this by either purchasing a copy of the book and bringing it to the library or paying the fine and the library will purchase the book.
- SENIORS! Unpaid fines and unreturned books are expected to be paid/returned prior to graduation. :)
We value all learners and are committed to providing the resources and environment that support students in their academic pursuits and information literacy skills. We encourage a love of reading, an appreciation of diversity, and a desire to learn and grow. We promote critical thinking, ethical use of technology, self-efficacy, and seek to equip students with the tools to become thoughtful, responsible citizens.
Marcella Howden, Teacher Librarian
Erika House, Library Assistant