Online Registration is Open
Our goal is to have 90% of families registered for next school year by May 14, 2021.
Current Progress (as of 2/23/21): 38%
Classes with 100% of students who complete online registration will earn a reward.
WCSD is looking for dedicated adults who can fill positions across the district and you may find something of interest with flexible hours by checking out the job board.
WCSD is also looking for part-time and full-time custodians and bus drivers. We need your help - please spread the word.
If interested in any of the above, please complete an online application at https://www.washoeschools.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=1034.
Click on the link above for the school supply list. Stead ES provides basic school supplies for our students, but many families like to purchase additional supplies to help support learning for their child(ren). If you have any questions, please contact the office at 677-5480.
Welcome to Stead Elementary
ATTENTION PARENTS:All students will receive a free breakfast, lunch, and dinner this year. There is no need to fill out the free and reduced lunch applications.
- Breakfast is served after the bell at 9am in the classrooms.
- Lunch is served during the day in the cafeteria.
- Dinner is served after school in the cafteria and is open to all children 18 years and younger.
Kindergarten and Returning Student Registration:For information regarding kindergarten registration, click here or call the school office at 775-677-5480. Our office staff will be happy to answer any questions related to registration. All registration for new and returning students must be done online through Infinite Campus.Upcoming Events:Please check our calendar here for upcoming events such as family nights, soccer games, and more!
Student Mission Statement:
We work hard to learn, we are problem solvers, and we are safe, respectful, and responsible.
Every person matters, every moment counts.
Cada persona importa, cada momento cuenta.
Stead Elementary is dedicated to all who enter our school by ensuring high levels of learning. We will educate, guide, nurture, support, and inspire each other.
En la Escuela Elemental Stead nos dedicamos a proveer un alto nivel de aprendizaje a todo alumno que forma parte de la escuela. Nos Educaremos, guiaremos, nutriremos, apoyaremos e inspiraremos mutuamente.
- All students will increase reading fluency and comprehension.
- All students will increase writing proficiency.
- All students will increase math proficiency.
- All students will self-regulate through social-emotional learning.
Enfoque de Instrucción:
- Todos los estudiantes incrementarán la fluidez en la lectura y comprensión.
- Todos los estudiantes incrementarán la habilidad de escritura.
- Todos los estudiantes incrementarán sus habilidades matemáticas.
- Todos los estudiantes se autorregularán a través del aprendizaje socio-emocional.
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook