Hello Stead Families,
We are in uncertain times with the Coronavirus and are still learning a lot about it. If you would like to learn more, please visit: https://www.washoeschools.net/covid19
Virtual Learning begins on Wednesday, April 1 and staff members will be reaching out to you via email, phone calls, DoJo, Remind, Bloomz, snail mail, and more to ensure we have constant communication with our students and you.
Please visit this site for the digial learning opportunities by grade bands (K-2, 3-5, 6th, etc.): https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/14430
For families who do not have internet services, the community has a few ideas to help - please see this list:
- Comcast - Comcast is offering an internet essentials package for free (Links to an external site.). To sign up for a free internet essentials package for 60 days, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com (Links to an external site.). The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
- Spectrum - Spectrum is offering free internet access for students (Links to an external site.). Beginning March 16, Spectrum is offering free internet for 60 days to households with K-12 or college students who don’t already have a Spectrum subscription. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395.
- AT&T - AT&T COVID-19 response (Links to an external site.). AT&T will offer open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low-income families
- Verizon - Verizon (Links to an external site.) does have special offers, but is following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint - Sprint (Links to an external site.) is following the FCC agreement, providing unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile - T-Mobile (Links to an external site.) is following the FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
At this time, we are unable to check out student devices to students - I wish we could! We just don't have enough for everyone. If you do not have access to the lessons digitally, that is okay. Paper packets will be delivered on Friday, Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday via Transportation. You will see school buses at the winter bus stops on these days for about an hour. Students and parents can walk to the bus stop and pick up a grade level packet. Even if you don't ride a bus, you can pick up a packet.
Paper packets are also available at the following locations/times - families can pick up from any of these locations: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/14392
Please know our hearts are with you during these challenging times.
Online Registration is Open
Our goal is to have 90% of families registered for next school year by March 13, 2020.
Current Progress (as of 2.28.2020): 40%
Classes with 100% of students who complete online registration will earn a reward.
The first 75 students who return the online registration slips will get a Nacho Party. This originally was the first 50 students, but there were so many we extended it to 75 students. The Nacho Party was the last week in January.
All students who return the online registration slip will get a $5 Stead Buck.
WCSD is looking for dedicated adults who can fill positions across the district and you may find something of interest with flexible hours by checking out the job board.
WCSD is also looking for part-time and full-time custodians and bus drivers. We need your help - please spread the word.
If interested in any of the above, please complete an online application at https://www.washoeschools.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=1034.
Click on the link above for the school supply list. Stead ES provides basic school supplies for our students, but many families like to purchase additional supplies to help support learning for their child(ren). If you have any questions, please contact the office at 677-5480.
Update: 3.26.2020 - Due to the State of Emergency, schools are closed until April 16. Starting April 1, 2020 schools will offer virtual learning via online information and paper packets (see links above). During this time, teachers will take attendance according to the contact they have with you each week. As long as you have communication with staff each week, then your child will be marked 'present'.
For more information, please visit: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/8789
Please click on the link below to find information on our school uniform policy.
Welcome to Stead Elementary
ATTENTION PARENTS:All students will receive a free breakfast, lunch, and dinner this year. There is no need to fill out the free and reduced lunch applications.
- Breakfast is served after the bell at 9am in the classrooms.
- Lunch is served during the day in the cafeteria.
- Dinner is served after school in the cafteria and is open to all children 18 years and younger.
Kindergarten and Returning Student Registration:For information regarding kindergarten registration, click here or call the school office at 775-677-5480. Our office staff will be happy to answer any questions related to registration. All registration for new and returning students must be done online through Infinite Campus.Upcoming Events:Please check our calendar here for upcoming events such as family nights, soccer games, and more!
Student Mission Statement:
We work hard to learn, we are problem solvers, and we are safe, respectful, and responsible.
Every person matters, every moment counts.
Cada persona importa, cada momento cuenta.
Stead Elementary is dedicated to all who enter our school by ensuring high levels of learning. We will educate, guide, nurture, support, and inspire each other.
En la Escuela Elemental Stead nos dedicamos a proveer un alto nivel de aprendizaje a todo alumno que forma parte de la escuela. Nos Educaremos, guiaremos, nutriremos, apoyaremos e inspiraremos mutuamente.
- All students will increase reading fluency and comprehension.
- All students will increase writing proficiency.
- All students will increase math proficiency.
- All students will self-regulate through social-emotional learning.
Enfoque de Instrucción:
- Todos los estudiantes incrementarán la fluidez en la lectura y comprensión.
- Todos los estudiantes incrementarán la habilidad de escritura.
- Todos los estudiantes incrementarán sus habilidades matemáticas.
- Todos los estudiantes se autorregularán a través del aprendizaje socio-emocional.
Upcoming Events App
April 7, 2020
3:15 AM - 9:00 AM PTO in A4
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Morning Mug
April 8, 2020
April 14, 2020
9:15 AM - 10:00 AM 2nd Awards Assembly
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook